Isla Mujeres? Has anyone been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After reading the replies and doing some more research, we've scrapped IM and booked flights to Bonaire. Thank you everyone for taking the time to give your advice and thoughts. Very helpful.

well... I dove in Isla several times with Guido Cocchia and dives were really amazing. Don't forget that every trip must take at least one hour or more. Of course if we talk about divespots around the island I agree 100% with Jupiter31: Isla it's nothing compared to Cozumel.
Anyway Jupiter, if you'll pass to Isla ask to a diveshop for Black Stones, Arrow Smith, "Los picos", Raul's reef, Ultrafreeze wreck... and than you'll tell me what do you think about :wink:
Guido is no longer on the island but you can dive with Enrique or Emilio.
Greetings

How about Chinchorro Reef? i was there for 2 years back in 1990-91,,,great diving and the trip over was about 3 hours,, i ran 2 different boats for 3-5 day trips,,

how has it changed? let me know.

This is an interesting thread...we have a local dive op that schedules trips to this place (Isla) all the freakin time. I had never heard of it before...nor had I ever read about it in any dive magazines. I just happened upon this thread and now I know the truth. I appreciate the info everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom