Isotherm 2006 vs 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hudson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What are the improvements in the 2007 version? Two items from the web site that I couldn't confirm on the 2006 version are the new shoulder pads (2006 have any shoulder pads at all?) and the elasic material in the underarm and sides. Is that about it?

The basics are pretty much the same, a few features are added and cosmetics are new. Drop me a PM next week as a reminder and I will try to post a little comparrison when I am back in the office.

Phil

Also it would be great if you could give us more info on what semi dry means and what we can expect exactly. I have read a lot about semi dry suits, but I am still confuse since some people claim they were pretty much "dry" after diving when other claim they weren't. Which one is it exactly. And last, is it a fast drying suit, or does it remain wet for a while (especially the inside).

cheers.

Well, I got 2006 version today. I did not get it wet yet since I could not figure out how to open that darn tizip. I droped a line to scubatoys guys and wish they could help me figure out. Then, I will get it wet and let you know how does it feel. BTW, scubatoys.com has great deal on 2006 version. You may take a look.

Anyone know where to find a 2006 Mens large? Hate the look of the 2007...

www.diverdans.com.

They are an Isotherm stocking dealer. Last time I saw them they still had 2006 models in stock.

Phil Mintz:
The basics are pretty much the same, a few features are added and cosmetics are new. Drop me a PM next week as a reminder and I will try to post a little comparrison when I am back in the office.

Phil

Phil did you ever get a chance to post a comparison? I am very close to getting a semi dry and would love the get more info. I like the 2006 better as far as style, but if the 2007 offers better feature I might get the 2007 instead.

Cheers.

Sorry, I just returned from the EDUI show in Rome. The suits are mostly the same, I will list the changes to the 2007:

Cosmetic is obvious
Trilastic stretch material added to underarm and side for flexibility and easier don/doff
Metal skin seals extended at wrist and ankle, can be rolled or trimmed as needed
Supratex added to shoulders for better abrasion resistance
Trilastic knee protection vs polyurathane, better flexibility with new pattern
Saphire plush lining, greater heat protection and more comfortable.

Those are the changes, the basics of the suit are unchanged, the features above are improvements.

Hope this helps.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom