Issues editing video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jason8612

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm quite new at underwater video editing. I got a HF200 with an underwater housing and a red filter, but I tried a few times with color correction, etc and nothing seems to work. I'm using Vegas pro but I just can figure out how to edit it. The video looks green to start with.

Do these plug-ins also work with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum?

I've got an HF200 with the red filter and the colour correction on Final cut pro / express works a treat. Even Imovie does a half decent job.

What settings did you have the camera in underwater?

Just had a thought - might be off the mark

You say you are using a red filter, and the water looks green.

Where are you filming? is it nice blue tropical water (so the red filter is correct) or are you filming in greener water, where you should be using a magenta filter

OK
So I used those plugins and did a bit of messing around in Vegas. I also did the anti shake option and got the video below.
Which scene(s) look the best color wise?

[video=youtube;oAeom8BPfzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAeom8BPfzY[/video]

I was filming in Belize.

Setting is
Programmed AE
AWB
Image effect off
digital effect off
MXP

The first 10-20 seconds was the better stuff. :14-17 probably the best But it's all still too green. Anything after :30 is way too green oversaturated.

All of it seemed a little monotone. Personally I like a little more blue.

Try to keep the sun behind you also. If it's on - turn off Image Stabilization. That may help with the blurryness in the soft corals/plants between :04-08

OK
Ill turn off img stabilization and go from there and try to reedit some od the clips to try and get the best color

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom