IST Pro-Ear Mask.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BikerManiac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know there has been some post about the Pro-Ear Mask . Those post are pretty old. I am wondering if there are any new reviews, thoughts or opinions on them.

20080-2852-thickbox.jpg

I know, in an ideal world you wouldn't need them. Unfortunately, antibiotics won't work like in the past anymore. Either the mask works or I will have to stop diving altogether.

Yes, I have tried everything, except for another surgery.

They haven't changed anything around very much with these masks. I am still using the Pro-Ear 2000 model, 200+ dives so far. You really can dive with your ears dry. The hoses from the mask to the ear cups are attached through the mask skirt with plastic hex-nuts. It is possible to attach them through the skirt of a mask of your choice. The clear plastic clamping rings which attach the hoses to the mask skirt pipes are fragile. I wrap them with silicone tape (Rescue Tape) and maybe a small zip tie on top of that. Don't really pull hard on the ear cup hoses. That is how you can break those camping rings.

I bought this mask when I blew my eardrum. It works as advertised, although you may want to trim the hair around your ears. Its a nice piece of equipment if you have ear issues. My ear healed up and I'm diving my normal mask now. Have it in my dive locker just incase.

I just came back from Indonesia. 12 days on a Liveaboard in Raja Ampat and 4 Days in Ambon.

The IST ProMask is Awesome!! Worked Perfectly. First time in 12 years, 400+ dives. No ear infection!,

It takes times to put them on and off. After 40 minutes in the water they will start fogging up. Maybe it's because I have to burn them in more. But I am a believer!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom