Itinerary feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gassed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Howdy!
We are planning our first Indo trip. From research on these pages I have killed the idea of Lembeh to Raja. Everything I've read says to focus on Raja (Sorong to Sorong) as the transfer trips miss central/Southern areas. That said I am intrigued by the options that start in Ambon, hit Banda, west Seram, Misool and working north to Sorong. Sounds like it would take us right through the heart of Raja. But we've never been there so I defer to the experts. Are we better off Sorang to Sorang? Or for those that have been to Banda and Western Seram, do these spots add anything to the trip that are "must see" dives? Not sure we will be able to afford a second trip so want to check as many boxes as I can for this go around.
Currently I am looking at starting with landbased dives in Lembeh. Get over the jet lag and see the famous muck. Then fly to Ambon a day ahead of departure (in case of delays) for a 10 liveaboard. Does this sound like a good plan? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Ambon and Lembeh are both known for their muck diving, so unless you want a double dose of it back to back you may want to reconsider this itinerary. Instead of Lembeh, maybe do resort based diving in Bunaken or Banka before heading to Ambon for your liveaboard.

Ambon and Lembeh are both known for their muck diving, so unless you want a double dose of it back to back you may want to reconsider this itinerary. Instead of Lembeh, maybe do resort based diving in Bunaken or Banka before heading to Ambon for your liveaboard.
Thanks for the quick reply.
From my understanding, on this itinerary (White Manta), we only do a checkout dive in Ambon then off to Banda. So not much time in the muck while in Ambon. From what I've read (but have no personal experience) Lembeh sounds nicer topside than Ambon. With my wife joining me that is a consideration I must keep in mind.
More interested in finding out about Banda, Ring of Fire and Western Seram, and if they are worth sacrificing days in Raja.
Appears to be just as easy to get to Sorong as it is to get to Ambon from Manado.
Thanks again.

Ahh that's okay then. I'll let other experts weigh in on the best itinerary for RA and Banda Sea 😌

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom