Its Friday afternoon...where's everyone diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only in my mind!

Was hoping to jump in one of the open rivers tomorrow with my buddy. Didn't want to go through the whole "production" of getting through the ice. Now those crazy weather people are talking about a storm/freezing rain/high winds........Guess we'll have to see. When we planned it there was no talk of storms, but as soon as we decided, out came the weather warnings...lol

BTW: Welcome deepsea, great to have you aboard.

Only in the pool, I'm afraid... Open Water class, Pool session 2.
Rick

This is a post-weekend in question reply... but I didn't find the thread until just now so I'll use that as my excuse. On Saturday, Feb. 9th, I dove Crescent Bay in Laguna, CA.

This was my first dive following successful completion of the PADI OW certification course. So, it was my first certified dive! YIPPEE!

Visibility was 20+ feet, water temp - 57 degrees, air temp - mid 60's and rising (we dove in the morning on a beautful SoCal day), max depth 45 feet, and a bottom time of about 45 minutes. Moderate wave action made for good beach entry and exit practice.

Soon after initial descent a sea lion chose to officially welcome me to the world of scuba diving by checking out its own reflection in my mask. I missed the kodak moment unfortunately because I had my camera tethered to a d-ring that was just a bit too low for the line that the camera was attached to, should have checked that a bit more carefully when I rigged my gear.

We also saw a good size lobster, just out of reach. The owner of my current favorite LDS dove with me and my brother-n-law. He kept an eye on us (my bro' became certified at the same time that I did, both of us through another facility so this level of attention from the owner of the LDS was much appreciated). He also pointed out interesting marine specimens (e.g., the lobster) and caught a good size octopus for us to interact with briefly.

It was a fantastic dive!

Next Saturday, the 16th, I'll be diving the Coronado Islands just south of San Diego (in the waters of Mexico) aboard the Blue Explorer. I can't wait!

This is also a post-weekend reply. I just found this thread as well.

My next dives will be my OW cert dives at Vortex Springs in Florida. In a way they will not only be my next dives...but my first dives as well (not counting confined). Im heading down there next weekend from Little Rock. Considering we had 7 inches of snow here last week, a semi-warm 68 degree Florida is looking awfully good right about now. :)

I know most of you won't be as excited about this as I am, but here I was thinking I wasn't able to post a response to this, but I finally can!!! I'll be doing Confined Water 1 and 2 this weekend... Yahoo!!!

But now I won't be able to reply again until the middle of May :( when I do my Open Water 1 and 2 dives. :)

Teaching IANTD Advanced Nitrox at Gilboa. Relax Yooper. IANTD Adv. EANx is 130 ft max. just thaught I'd cover myself with that. No Joe Jackson hole this week-end though. Its the first week-end of the class so it will be shallow dives with lots of skills. Fun and useful skills though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom