I've got a boat... looking for a dive buddy for bug dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c1212

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've got a 28 ft boat in a slip at Channel Islands (Oxnard)... my regular dive buddy is going to be MIA for a few weeks. Looking for a buddy diver to do some night time bug dives in the next few weeks. The breakwater usually has lots of lobster... but if you know of any other potential spots we can hit those as well. I don't know of other good spots in the area since our previous boats have been slipped at MDR, but I just purchased this boat and it's currently in CI Harbor for the next month or two. The weather has been so awesome that I want to get out a few nights a week. Monday-Thursday usually work best for me.

There can be a lot of surge at the breakwater... making it more dangerous. I'm looking for a certified diver with night dive experience that can be a good buddy. I know lobster hunting can be somewhat of a solo type of dive... but I am looking for someone who thinks safety first, bugs next. You will need to provide all of your own gear of course, 2 tank dives per night typically. Also maybe a $20 contribution toward gas and slip fees each time we go out. Fishing license and lobster card is also a must of course. If you happen to live in the SF valley, we may be able to carpool to Oxnard as well.

My names Edwin... PM me here if you're interested. Thanks!

Last edited:
We can probably work something out for a day on the weekend too... Weekdays are better... but weekends are fine too. PM me your # and let's see if we can get out there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom