Jacket style BC w/ weight pockets that's light weight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally Posted by divin'dog
Only negatives on this BC is that the tank strap is really stiff (brand new). I'm replacing it with a ScubaPro tank strap anyway.

halemanō;5868693:
Any chance for a close up pic of the in/deflate buttons? I have seen people have problems with big, wrap around inflate buttons, when trying to deflate while stressed. :idk:

??? Not sure what you are asking? Stiff tank strap... inflate/deflate buttons? If it's about the power inflator, it looks like this:
Aeris AW3 Power Inflator 41.4030 with reviews at scuba.com

Are people inflating when they are trying to deflate? I guess if you push the wrong button, you push the wrong button.

Any bc that you can fit a crotch strap on it.
Zuma is very light but the building material is too flimsy to my liking.

That looks like a pretty nice BC. I'm might have to see if Scuba Toys has one to check out. I'm in Dallas so they are local for me.

I have been reading more into the Travelight and it looks pretty amazing for a travel BC. Only neg might be that there is no solid plastic construction in the backplate area. Going to Scuba Toys this weekend to try out others and maybe they will have one of these.

I went to the scuba store yesterday and tried out the Cressi Travelight and have decided to go with it. Pretty amazing how light and compact it is! Has zipper pockets that are deep enough too. Padding on back seemed adequate considering that there is no plastic plate in the back of the BC. Was able to get one from dunhill12 on here for considerably less than retail, so I've got to at least try it. Thanks for the advice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom