Jackson Blue - 4/12/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we were in Twin two weeks ago. I did great in the cavern low section...didn't silt it up and went through that area smoothly. I was so happy that I breezed through in my new sidemount.

Got to the cave entrance and what I call a chimney...not sure you guys call it that. Shagman and I were testing the 24 watt light and shinning it in to the run of the cave. All of a sudden, I started bouncing around going up and down for some reason. When I was up at the top and getting my bouyancy under control, I heard Pee Wee Herman in my head when he flipped his bike over the curb in that movie and then said, "I meant to do that!" :dork2: I started laughing because I was going to tell Shagman I was simply exploring the top of the chimney with the new light!:D

Looks like Rob's report is turning in to a true confessions thread.

haha I think my dives on Saturday resembled Rita's also! Thanks for the report Rob.

Stephen, Indian was phenomenal!!! I can't wait to get back there.

Rita, there's really no reason to pull & glide in most of JB. Even with the flow this high, there are plenty of areas to hide from the flow. There are only 3 areas in the first 1000' (possibly 5) that are small enough to require a quick pull to get through them.

Now, now, Ken, 'fess up!

Rob, I need to dive with ya one of these days so you can show me how it's done :)

The only way I was able to even get into JB the other weekend, was with some furious pull n' gliding...

I'm sure, that with some experience, I'll be able to find all the spots to get out of the flow, but for now, I'm just winding up with some really sore finger tips :D

I guess "low censused" is a way to say that there was a lack of work for that night?

Great report, I enjoyed reading it!

I'm itching to get more dives in... ordering a can light in the next week or so, finally.

Rob makes it sound soo easy LOL. I need to follow you a time or 30 too Rob LOL

I guess "low censused" is a way to say that there was a lack of work for that night?

Great report, I enjoyed reading it!

I'm itching to get more dives in... ordering a can light in the next week or so, finally.

Yes, low census means the hospital has a low patient census = lack of work. It happens every now and then.

Diving JB is not difficult even in flow. I swam it Saturday and held a stationary position with minimal finning.

Nice write up, Rob! Glad you and Jen had such a great dive. I'm looking forward to making my way back over there soon.

Back
Top Bottom