Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh yeah, baby

pretty soon he'll be wrecking your car and dumping girls

his surgery to hook his butt back up to his intestines is scheduled for march 27. it'll be nice to not have to worry about the bag coming unstuck at an inopportune time & only worry about diapers leaking!

this morning he fed himself his first whole 'by myself' meal - buttered toast bites & cheese bits. :D

WOW! Time is cruisin, eh?? Don't worry about diaper blow outs, they happen when you think "hmm.. this diaper is feeling a little squishy..." and you later discover wet shirt or pants... on you!

Feeding themselves is the best!!

Wonderful news!
Ber :lilbunny:

this morning he fed himself his first whole 'by myself' meal - buttered toast bites & cheese bits. :D

Hey that's the same breakfast I'm havin'... :D

He's doing super BabyDuck! :D

ok, new news!

jameson is doing just great. he's operating at about an 8-9 month level in pretty much every way. since his due date was march, and he 'should' be a year old now, this does make him behind. BUT - when he came home & was 7 1/2 months old, he was about like a 1 month old, so he's kept up a normal development pace since he's been home. he's been home now for half his life!

he has an upper tooth *almost* cut. that'll make three teeth! he eats anything on the softer side - fruit, cooked veggies, soft meat, cereal, toast...from the table, not baby food. he's not in the least picky. i haven't used his feeding tube for feeding him since october, though i still use it for medicines, because he's so good at bottles & now real food. he still sleeps through the night, he loves to roll around on a blanket on the floor & play with his toys, and he seems to really like music.

he's only been sick once, thank goodness, and that was only a snotty head cold back in the early fall. he's very cheerful & smiley & has a great laugh.

we have plans for his surgery! the date changed, so here's the plan - we will go into the hospital in chapel hill wed march 19 for bowel prep & pre-op stuff, then have surgery the 20th. we've been told to plan on him being in a week, so the easter bunny will have to come to the hospital again, but he knows where it is. the surgery will be repairing his intestines so that his ostomy will be gone & he'll poop out his butt, removing the feeding tube, and revising his scar from the first surgery last year. some of you remember how it was left open to heal slowly across the wide gap, and that made the scar wide & not pretty & weaker underneath than the rest of his tummy. after this, we're hoping for a thin average looking scar.

as far as i know, we'll be available for visits from that friday on. if anyone's in the raleigh/durham/chapel hill area & wants to cruise by, send a pm & i'll give you more info. i'm taking the 'puter so should be in touch.

kinda exciting, huh?? :D:D:D:D:D

Wonderful news Marci! So glad things are going well.

Man this is fantastic. Such a treat to hear the good stuff. Tell Jameson I am thinking of him.

:bananalama:

Dang, you're a good Mom!!!!

Wonderful to hear that he's getting his ostomy replumbed! Most mom's don't quite see the excitement of a poopy diaper quite the same way. :)

I'll be rooting for all y'all on March 20th. (Miss, did you see that? all y'all....can I move to LA now?):D

oh yeah, very nice!

i think mentally i am about 2 and a half ... which makes MR. Jameson way more advanced than me

[edit: my wife says i WISH i were 2 and a half mentally ... whatever...]

Back
Top Bottom