Jan. 18 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i love your lifestyle jim.
dive every third day and post on sb.
now thats the life.
see you soon buddy...

Fantastic photos - as always. I think the shrimp is my favourite too but it is a hard call. Love the guy up the cocounut tree too.

Alison

Wonderful images once again Jim. I am curious, why the relatively large apertures and high shutter speeds? Is that inherent in the camera (obviously I'm not familiar with the G10). Since the strobe duration is only about 1/30,000 sec the shutter speed is largely irrelevant in strobe-lit photographs. Could you use a lower shutter speed and a smaller aperture? You could get the same exposure and greatly increase the depth of field. Again, I'm just curious about the technical points, your images are magnificent and hardly need improving. BTW did you tell that eel that he was upside down??? :)

Wonderful images once again Jim. I am curious, why the relatively large apertures and high shutter speeds? Is that inherent in the camera (obviously I'm not familiar with the G10). Since the strobe duration is only about 1/30,000 sec the shutter speed is largely irrelevant in strobe-lit photographs. Could you use a lower shutter speed and a smaller aperture? You could get the same exposure and greatly increase the depth of field. Again, I'm just curious about the technical points, your images are magnificent and hardly need improving. BTW did you tell that eel that he was upside down??? :)

I agree and thanks. I was experimenting and found out the G10 can't shoot higher than 1/500 with the camera's strobe on. It can't sync with the strobe. Even if you set the shutter speed higher than 1/500 it will default to 1/500 if using the camera's strobe, which of course I do to fire the slave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom