January 14 day visit and need advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
W

warrior_joe

Registered
Reaction score
A young 60's couple from USA, January trip, primarily wants to scuba dive beautiful reefs and marine life. Some snorkeling too. Also light hiking and some waterfalls. Would be nice, but not mandatory, to have light tourism without crowds. Not into night life. Been torn between landing in Cebu and visiting Bohol, Panglao Island, and maybe Siquijor or Dumaguete or landing in Palawan and going to Port Barton, and Coron. 3 different locations would be doable because our travel time to and from the USA is not included in the 14 days. We don't want to spend to much of our trip getting around either. I would appreciate some help. Am I missing another better itinerary of other Islands? Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Southern Leyte, diving is excellent but never done any sight seeing around the area.
Palawan is nice but diving is ordinary by Philippines's standard.
MNL - PPS - USU - MNL is not that straight forward by flight(could be wrong here). There is a ferry from Puerto Princesa to Coron.
You are better off to concentrate on Visayas ie landing at Cebu and then travel to couple of places.

Southern Leyte, diving is excellent but never done any sight seeing around the area.
Palawan is nice but diving is ordinary by Philippines's standard.
MNL - PPS - USU - MNL is not that straight forward by flight(could be wrong here). There is a ferry from Puerto Princesa to Coron.
You are better off to concentrate on Visayas ie landing at Cebu and then travel to couple of places.
your opinion is appreciated for sure! We are close to finishing an 18 day itinerary for January, and I am torn between visiting Coron from Cebu, or continuing from Panglao Island to Siquijor and then Dauin,( scuba Apo Island). We are traveling to Bohol for the first 5 nights. We would either go back to Cebu, from Panglao Island, and fly to Busanga, Coron, OR ferry from Panglao to Siquijor and then to Dumaguete. We love to snorkel and scuba. Not looking for big crowds. Love scenic views, light hiking, waterfalls, and nature too!

@warrior_joe
There is NO ferry from Panglao to anywhere.
There is ferry from Tabilaren(this is where your ferry from Cebu arrived) to Dumaguete.
Coron is nice especially if you like wrecks.
Do not waste your time on travelling.
Have a nice one.

I appreciate all your help. You have helped us make our final itinerary. We will use Ferry and also air travel.
Cebu to Bohol, then down to Panglao Island, then Ferry to Dumaguete from Tagbilaran, down to Davin, then fly to Busuanga (Coron), then back to Cebu and home. Thank you! 20 days

I am not sure if there is direct flight from Dumaguete to Coron.
You need to return to Cebu to fly to Coron!

Siquijor is a good alternative than Coron unless you really want to dive those wrecks.

Thank you for all valuable posts on this site! Here is our final Itinerary. Toronto to Cebu and off to Tagbilaran by ferry. A few days around there checking out the countryside, then down to Panglao Island for a few. Then off to Dumaguete, down to Duain for a few. Then fly to Busuanga (Coron) for a few.( not direct flight). Then fly back to Cebu for a few days, and back to Toronto! 19 days, January 2024 We are excited! Thank You!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom