January Meet, Greet & Invade Point Lobos? :)

What day could you make it?

• Sunday, January 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looks like lot's of folks are coming... cool beans.
my buddy (wife ) might actually make it! if not, i can be a buddy or tag along with someone...
we will make both early dives, but not the dinner or night dive. we have to drive back to Sacramento.

Thanks,

Sounds like I'm in. I'm interested in the first two dives as I'm not certified for night diving. I will have to pass on the night dive. :(

Question I have with the first two dives; will they be scooter dives? Because all I have are fins and would be left behind. :(

Thanks for the heads up.... Oh will the sorting of buddies be a match? I've heard bad stories about the instant buddies; you get in the water with one and they leave you behind, might as well have prepped up for a solo dive.

MG

Mike I can't think of a better time to make your first night dive than an event like this with so many experienced divers available to mentor you.

If you don't have a buddy stay with me, or Jim, or Buck, or Brad... You get the idea.
Its gonna be one huge group of buddies this weekend!:D

Ok folks, this weekend is almost here!
I'll be dragging the trailer down so if you want to stop by dive camp and say hi, thats cool, just try not to wake me up too early:D.

If you need a guide to the metridium field, I will be available to lead the way. Lets meet up by 9:30- 9:45 so we can meet sarahs schedule of 10 am dive time.:D:D

If you know the way or just want to dive another spot thats cool too.

If you come knocking on the trailer door, be sure to bring cofee.:D:D:D

we will make both early dives, but not the dinner or night dive. we have to drive back to Sacramento.
Looking forward to meeting you and your wife, if she comes along!

peter_c:
Mike, you can have bad buddies and good buddies. Of course there is only one way to find out. The best thing to do is go over a pre-dive plan and stick to it. If your buddy leaves you or does not stick to the plan, call the dive. Much can be learned on the surface before ever entering the water. Make sure to tell them the distance you want them to be from you. Hopefully very close, as in able to reach out and touch each other. If you do not feel comfortable with them, find someone else or do not go at all.
Thank you for reiterating that Peter. Always good for everyone to remember.

pro_diver:
Mike I can't think of a better time to make your first night dive than an event like this with so many experienced divers available to mentor you. If you don't have a buddy stay with me, or Jim, or Buck, or Brad... You get the idea.
Its gonna be one huge group of buddies this weekend!
04.gif

Thanks Pro! I know I have personally been a bit weary about diving with strangers and that was part of the impetus behind these get-togethers - letting other divers get to know one another, make connections, find buddies, etc. So thanks! Again, if someone would be willing to bring MG out for a night dive - I am sure that would be phenomenal. I don't have enough night dives under my belt to feel comfortable bringing someone along with me (sorry! :( )

pro_diver:
If you need a guide to the metridium field, I will be available to lead the way. Lets meet up by 9:30- 9:45 so we can meet sarahs schedule of 10 am dive time.
04.gif
04.gif
Hey now .. someone has to do the organizing! Especially if Jim Ernst is involved! :mooner: If we can meet up at around the "base camp" at the top of the middle stairs (per my image), that'd be awesome (since I have no clue what your camper looks like!). Thanks for being available and willing to lead the way - I greatly appreciate it!

CONDITIONS PEOPLE

Has anyone checked?????

Give us the details Jim! I was encouraged by Chuck coming down from the Silicon Valley ....

Give us the details Jim! I was encouraged by Chuck coming down from the Silicon Valley ....

Conditions look great right now.

SAT
NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 4 TO 6 FT.

Mike I can't think of a better time to make your first night dive than an event like this with so many experienced divers available to mentor you.

If you don't have a buddy stay with me, or Jim, or Buck, or Brad... You get the idea.
Its gonna be one huge group of buddies this weekend!:D

Yes Mike, there will be plenty of us to dive with during the day and night dive. I would feel comfortable diving with MOST of those guys....just kidding. I would feel comfortable diving with any of them. :D

Night diving at the Breakwater is one of the best locations around. The wall is your guide as you follow it out (right side) and back (left side). The bottom limits your depth, so no need to worry about going too deep. We should have bright moon light for the dive unless there is fog. Any kind of waves cancel, but it does not sound like that is going to be a problem. Two flashlights with fresh batteries are mandatory!! Since seeing someones hands at night is hard, the light is what you use to signal. For instance the "OK" sign is to circle your light. Something wrong is a fast wave of the light in front of your buddy. So on and so forth.

Keep a close eye on your pressure gauge and turn early with gas to spare. Enjoy the diving :D

Buddying up with a more experienced diver would be recommended for those that have not done night dives. Doing the dive during the day will also make it more comfortable during the night. <Highly recommended.

I am hoping to take my newly certified gal out for her first night dive on Saturday :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom