JAX Dry Dock late June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mason,

I called a fishing boat I'd used before in SA and they called back to say they dropped the diving rider on their insurance policy so I called about five more sportfish boats and none of them will run or know of anyone that will run a dive trip from SA.

I also spoke with some other charters and none of them will touch this trip so Captain Dan is our man.

Are we looking at doing this as an overnighter or is his website simply not current on the pricing??

Are we looking at doing this as an overnighter or is his website simply not current on the pricing??

My understanding is that his normal "offshore day trip" at $150 pp doesn't apply to the Dry Dock (probably due to the distance). If you look further down on his site he lists his charter rates of $1200/weekday, $1500/weekend day. I don't know if the charter is for 24 hrs. or not, I'll send a follow up email and ask.

Is this a hunting or a sightseeing trip?

Sorry for not replying earlier, but the short answer is... I don't know.
I personally don't spearfish, but I'm not opposed to it. I was originally thinking of a sightseeing trip; but if it becomes a choice between being the only sightseer on a hunting trip or not going at all, I will try my best to not look like a grouper...:eyebrow:

The 28th would be best for me. I'm diving the Oriskany June 21st!

No updates yet...
I thought I read that Divers Den's was no longer doing boat trips. If that is not the case, I wonder if they would go out to the dry dock? Where does there boat leave from?

No updates yet...
I thought I read that Divers Den's was no longer doing boat trips. If that is not the case, I wonder if they would go out to the dry dock? Where does there boat leave from?

I spoke with Chris there for about an hour and he said they bought their own boat but they wouldn't go as far down as the dry docks. They do have some wrecks that need to be checked out though :D :comeandge :comeandge :comeandge

Mason,

Is it safe to assume Capt. Dan isn't responding??

I went ahead and booked the six-pack from South Georgia Dive charters for the date of 6/21 to go to the "G" reef site. A site description can be found here.
We'll have the boat for the day at $150/diver and it would be an "intro get to know each other deal". The price includes fresh fish grilled onboard, drinks, snacks, etc.

So far, Tim (netmage) and myself are confirmed. Who else wants to join us??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom