Jeanne Damage Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector:
Here are a few photos of the Marina we keep our boat at. Fortunently for us, we moved the boat north about 20 miles and into a shallow stream where it had no damage. The photos are of Fins Marina at Sebastian Inlet, Florida. The hurricane came in about 5 miles south of here.
Glad you made out OK. I'm sorry for those that didn't - may be we can get a break for a while!

Holy cow. Incredible pics, I just can't believe all the damage. How very sad! :dazzler1:

I know that marina well. Too bad about the damage.

The Condo that Donna is renting is unlivable. After she talked to the owner, he had a contractor there immediately taking out the carpet, getting the sliding glass door stabalized, and generally starting restoration work. The frame of the sliding glass door came loose from the wall, evidently it was not installed properly. There was roof damage and water came in through the airconditioning ducting. Some of the condos had water coming in through the drier vents, flooding the condo's. The driers in each condo vents through the roof. A bad design anyway, since drier lint can build up and cause fires in roof vents. I believe that isn't to code any longer. So, Donna is staying with friends for now. Her things were ok, though, she put them in a back bedroom where they were out of the possibility of getting rain blown in through windows or doors.

A friend sent me his insurance photo of his boat. Notice there is no water under the keel? This was from Hurricane Frances. Also, you can see his "mailbox" on the stern which is used to move sand while treasure hunting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom