Jet Fins Size.please Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, I have been thinking of getting some jets, but now I wonder if I could even fit into a pair! People with size 9 feet wearing XL?! I wear a 13 for cripes sake. Thats why my only fins right now are Genesis. They were the only ones I found during cert class that fit.

fire_diver:
Wow, I have been thinking of getting some jets, but now I wonder if I could even fit into a pair! People with size 9 feet wearing XL?! I wear a 13 for cripes sake. Thats why my only fins right now are Genesis. They were the only ones I found during cert class that fit.
No, that's people with sized 9 feet wearing certain types wetboots with tall molded soles that actually make the XLs possible. The XXLs are frickin' HUGE, though, the intermediate step seems to be Turtles. Good luck, its tough if you don't live someplace where they actually stock the damned things.

lamont:
I am a 10.5 in shoe size, use DC drysuit boots and can barely sqeeze into XL jets. They're suctiontastic trying to get out of them. I saw an XXL set at a demo and they're way too big. For an 8.5, I'd think the XL jets would be okay.
This is my problem too. I where a size 11 shoe. I my drysuit has "socks" so I where size 12 boots over them. My feet cramp up in my XL jets so I just ordered a pair of XXL jets. I'm not holding out hope though. Might have to get a set of turtles.

Chris

fire_diver:
Drop me a PM before you buy. I just purchased my XXL jets for $80 with the spring straps. They may be too big... guess I should try them on :)

Chris

will_tekkie:
I actually interested in the correct size using wetsuit..

I use my XLs both when diving in my drysuits (DUI TLS350 with turbo soles, also another trilam suit with regular drysuit neoprene boots) and when diving wet with 5 mm boots. I'm still size 42 European. :)

I one person who has been able to jam his considerable larger feet into a set of XL jet fins by first heating the rubber of the pocket and then forcing it on to the foot. I've never seen it done myself, I've only *heard* that it works, but it could be worth testing for someone with larger feet. It doesn't sound like that's YOUR problem though.

At the end of the day, the only way to know is to try them on for a few dives.

fire_diver:

Yeah, XL jets would be way too small for you. XXLs might actually fit you, but they're pretty huge, they look like they fit size 19 or something...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom