Jetsream and Cyclone on other brand 1st stage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

motogpfan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Is it OK to put either one of those regulators on another brands 1st stage? I have an extra set of regs but am still waiting from my 1st stage to be rebuilt. I was going to put a Jetstream and Cyclone octo on a Scuba Pro first stage. Not sure if it'll work OK or blow it up.

Thanks.

I can't say for the Jetstream, but the Cyclon want's to see an IP of about 190 and the ScubaPro (stock) runs at between 130 and 150. It can be reset to 190, if that's what you want to do.

As long as the 1st stage is set to the intermediate pressure that the Poseidon 2nd stages work at, there should be no problem connecting a Jetstream OR Cyklon 2nd stage to any 1st stage.

But you can NOT put a Jetstream AND Cyklon 2nd stage on the same 1st stage, at these two 2nd stages work on very different intermediate pressures.

The jetstream 2nd stage requires an intermediate pressure of 8,5 bar (123 psi) @ max tank pressure while the Cyklon 2nd stage require an intermediate pressure of 11,5 bar (166 psi) @ 20 bar (290) tank pressure.

As long as the 1st stage is set to the intermediate pressure that the Poseidon 2nd stages work at, there should be no problem connecting a Jetstream OR Cyklon 2nd stage to any 1st stage.

But you can NOT put a Jetstream AND Cyklon 2nd stage on the same 1st stage, at these two 2nd stages work on very different intermediate pressures.

The jetstream 2nd stage requires an intermediate pressure of 8,5 bar (123 psi) @ max tank pressure while the Cyklon 2nd stage require an intermediate pressure of 11,5 bar (166 psi) @ 20 bar (290) tank pressure.

perfect, thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom