Journey's End Resort (Belize) ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zagnut

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning a trip in August to go to the Journey's End Resort on Ambergris Caye. PADI travel network has a deal for 5 nites (3 days;2-tank boat dives) for $399.00. Has anyone been to this resort? How is it? Also, has anyone used PADI travel network before? If so, what was your experience with them?

I stayed at Journey's End in Belize May of 2000.
I ejoyed it. It's not a 5 star resort but it was comfortable, had large rooms, and it was clean.
The best thing about it was the dive shop, and how close the reef was to the resort.
I've never used Padi Travel Network. I've called them a few times and had them price trips out for me, but they always were higher then I could get it, if I worked with the hotel directly.
My good friend Joe Hartley is the marketing director in the states for Journey's End.
You can email him and ask for a price.
Tell him I sent you.
Jhartley@journeysendresort.com
:sunny:

Natasha,

Thank you for the response. I will e-mail your friend for prices. Is the dive shop affiliated with the resort, or PADI, or is it independent? Also, I noticed (after my post) that you book trips on the scuba source website. Is it generally the members on the scuba board that book these trips? I would be intersted in something like that. It would be fun to meet (and dive with) you all.

It really is fun diving with a group. And yes, some of the divers on the past trips found me from the boards.
Our next big group trip will be to Cozumel in March. I know it's far off, but we do one big group trip a year, with a few small ones thrown in. We will be diving with Aqua Safari in Cozumel and have two boats dedicated to just our group. I'll have prices soon.
After you read this post, I will move it to the "Central America" trip area. So look for it there.
You'll love Belize. Be sure to have them take you the dive site called, "Amigo's Wreck". The wreck itself is not anything special, but if you bring food and tie it onto the wreck, you'll have a few nurse sharks eating, and you'll be able to play with them afterwards.
We did this dive twice while we were there, and have great shark pictures!
Yes, the dive shop was a 5 star Padi when we were there in May of 2000. They also had Nitrox, if you dive the Blue Hole.
Have fun!

It has come to my attention that Journey's End is being featured on E Entertainment tonight and tomorrow night. The segment is called, "Wild on the Islands".
http://www.Belizeoceandivers.com is still the only Padi 5 star operation on the island and the only one with Nitrox.
Steve and Jackie are the owners and run a top notch operation.
I know I'll go back.

Natasha,

Thanks for the heads up on the Journey's End piece on E entertainment. I'll check it out tonite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom