JULY Roll Call !!! Join in on the Fun !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pidgiepoo and husband July 31-August 13..Iberostar...Dive with Martin. Hey SueSue...what's the current water temp? I'm gonna start laying out dive gear soon.
thanks ! Hope you're having a great time..blow some bubbles for me :)

We were on the boat with Sue Sue and Mike today. I don't think she's unpacked her iPad yet. Water temps have been 82-83 degrees for the past several days. The water is like fast moving silk. Come on in the water's fine.

I arrived this afternoon and ready to get wet tomorrow morning :D
Happy diving everyone,
John

We're just ending a two week stay at SCC. The weather was perfect. The water temp was 83 degrees. The diving was awesome!!

July update: It's Summer Swimming in the pool ! Water temps 84 F; Currents mild - strong - back to mild ... Then the same in another direction ! Lots of critters. Highlights To date: A few Huge Grouper, Turtles, Barracuda, Pipe Seahorse, Large Hogfish, 5 nurse shark gathered together having lunch (of course no camera on that dive) . Topside-Sunny, Humid, Breezy, Small rain shower, Low mosquitos .

Also, attended the American Independence Day festivities on the Plaza. Thank you to the city and sponsors for so kindly providing such a wonderful celebration. The highlight of the day was the presentation of a broad selection of music from the local Children's Orchestra. Their selections ranged from Sousa to Queen and even the American National Anthem. Thank you to this very talented group of students.

As for today, we have diving on the schedule as well as enjoying our stay at Villa Escondida.

Best Wishes to all !!

Double S

6/17-7/10>ccannon707----------------------->Suites Vima---------->Adrian/Maya Divers, -Victor Brito/Gran Azul, Caballito del Caribe
6/22-7/2->MMM------------------------------->My House------------>? & (Whale Shark) pending
6/23-7/5->bbarada+8------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel-->Scuba Club Cozumel
6/25-7/4->islanddream & hubby--------------->Blue Angel Resort---->Blue Angel
6/28-7/5->cduffy+3---------------------------->El Cantil------------->Blue XT Sea Diving
6/28-7/6->an1374 & Partner------------------->SCC----------------->SCC
6/29-7/6->loudives---------------------------->Suites Colonial------->Bottom time
6/30-7/5->yaml & wife------------------------->Casa Mexicana------>Living Underwater
7/1 - 7/8->pkpowerofone & Dive Buddy-------->House-------------->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/1-7/14->Stock545i +3------------------------>Residencias Reef---->Dive with Martin
7/1-7/31->JTinSD & wife------------------------>House--------------->Blue Dream Cozumel/Blue Life (Mainland)
7/2-7/15->Sue Sue & Michael------------------->Villa Escondida------>Blue XT Sea Diving & Scorpio Divers(Whale Shark)
7/3-7/10->TexasSnowcat +7 (wife,kids,friends)->Sabor------------->TBD?
7/4-7/8-->AZjohn------------------------------->Hotel Cozumel------->Dive Paradise/Aldora Divers
7/4-7/11->Ripple in still water & Ms. Ripple---->Cozumel Palace------------>Aqua Safari
7/4-7/13->divingjd----------------------------->Villa Aldora----------------->Aldora Divers
7/5-7/11->Mossman--------------------------->Suites Bahia & Blue Angel Resort->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/5-7/13->zzzscuba +11 (Diversified Divers--->Regency Club------------------->Sand Dollar
7/5-7/13->diver86----------------------------->Village Tan Kah--------------->Scuba Shack
7/7-7/16->PixiePoxie,Partner & Son----------->Park Royal---------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/8-7/15->Seawolf5(Julio) & Aquacat (John)-->Hotel Flamingo--------------->TBD ?
7/12-7/19>Brodydog & Karloss---------------->Blue Angel Resort------->Blue Angel& Scorpio Divers (Whale Shark)
7/12-7/19>Para Goon & Wife +8--------------->Allegro------------------>Dive Palancar
7/13-7/20>liberty.mike & Wife---------------->Blue Angel Resort--------->Blue Angel
7/14-7/21>jmz & Family---------------------->Cozumel Palace---------->Dive with Martin
7/15-7/20>Prop Joe & Kim + 7 Family--------->Villa Aldora------------>Aldora Divers
7/15-7/22>Harro------------------------------>Hotel Cozumel------->Tres Pelicanos
7/16-7/25>cvchief & Susanita +13------------>Casa de Jefe-------->Scuba with Alison & Keen M International
7/18-7/23>amoses---------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel ->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/18-7/26>mstevens & wife------------------->Casa Suzana--------->TBD?
7/18-7/27>okiejeff +4------------------------->Cozumel Palace---->Aqua Safari/Blue Angel?/Dive with Martin?
7/19-7/26>dflaher---------------------------->Suites Bahia--------->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/19-7/26>gstrek+2-------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel-->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/19-7/26>Kelly & Steve--------------------->Blue Angel Resort------>Blue Angel
7/19-7/27>etexdiver (Eric) & Jenny---------->Blue Angel Resort----->Blue Angel
7/19/7/30>beechdiver-Bill & Renate---------->Blue Angel Resort---->Blue Angel
7/21-7/25>birdie1986 + Husband------------>Villa Aldora----------->Aldora Divers
7/21-7/28>bsppc----------------------------->Occidental Grand----->Diving with Alison
7/21-8/21>K3-------------------------------->Casa del Mar---------->Cozumel Marine World
7/25-8/4->macado-------------------------->Suites Bahia---------->Aldora Divers
7/31-8/13>pidgiepoo & husband------------>Iberostar------------->Dive with Martin

Had the pleasure of diving with AZJohn today. We had a great time, but the currents were really weird at Columbia Deep. In, out, up, down, swirling around. Somebody on the boat said it was like a washing machine, which was an apt description. Santa Rosa and Yucab were nice. Looking forward to a great week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currents are still whacky ! Yesterday-Columbia Shallows- Sand Devils everywhere ! Tried to avoid them but had no choice on a few. Quite an experience ! One large twirling funnel passed by as we took a break behind a large coral! Otherwise currents pushed down...up...sideways...North...South. It was manageable however a good workout. Second dive of the morning at Chankunaab-mild normal current. Lots of critters. Third dive-Night-on Paradise. Low current-very good vis-Several octopus, crab, a few very pretty anenomes, lobster, Splendid Toad , basket star. Diving with DM Pedro Pablo and Captain Nevo, Blue XT Sea Diving-wonderful as ever. Dive mates- Yen (pkpowerofone) & Chris-a pleasure meeting and diving with you.

Double S

6/17-7/10>ccannon707----------------------->Suites Vima---------->Adrian/Maya Divers, -Victor Brito/Gran Azul, Caballito del Caribe
6/22-7/2->MMM------------------------------->My House------------>? & (Whale Shark) pending
6/23-7/5->bbarada+8------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel-->Scuba Club Cozumel
6/25-7/4->islanddream & hubby--------------->Blue Angel Resort---->Blue Angel
6/28-7/5->cduffy+3---------------------------->El Cantil------------->Blue XT Sea Diving
6/28-7/6->an1374 & Partner------------------->SCC----------------->SCC
6/29-7/6->loudives---------------------------->Suites Colonial------->Bottom time
6/30-7/5->yaml & wife------------------------->Casa Mexicana------>Living Underwater
7/1 - 7/8->pkpowerofone & Dive Buddy-------->House-------------->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/1-7/14->Stock545i +3------------------------>Residencias Reef---->Dive with Martin
7/1-7/31->JTinSD & wife------------------------>House--------------->Blue Dream Cozumel/Blue Life (Mainland)
7/2-7/15->Sue Sue & Michael------------------->Villa Escondida------>Blue XT Sea Diving & Scorpio Divers(Whale Shark)
7/3-7/10->TexasSnowcat +7 (wife,kids,friends)->Sabor------------->TBD?
7/4-7/8-->AZjohn------------------------------->Hotel Cozumel------->Dive Paradise/Aldora Divers
7/4-7/11->Ripple in still water & Ms. Ripple---->Cozumel Palace------------>Aqua Safari
7/4-7/13->divingjd----------------------------->Villa Aldora----------------->Aldora Divers
7/5-7/11->Mossman--------------------------->Suites Bahia & Blue Angel Resort->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/5-7/13->zzzscuba +11 (Diversified Divers--->Regency Club------------------->Sand Dollar
7/5-7/13->diver86----------------------------->Village Tan Kah--------------->Scuba Shack
7/7-7/16->PixiePoxie,Partner & Son----------->Park Royal---------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/8-7/15->Seawolf5(Julio) & Aquacat (John)-->Hotel Flamingo--------------->TBD ?
7/12-7/19>Brodydog & Karloss---------------->Blue Angel Resort------->Blue Angel& Scorpio Divers (Whale Shark)
7/12-7/19>Para Goon & Wife +8--------------->Allegro------------------>Dive Palancar
7/13-7/20>liberty.mike & Wife---------------->Blue Angel Resort--------->Blue Angel
7/14-7/21>jmz & Family---------------------->Cozumel Palace---------->Dive with Martin
7/15-7/20>Prop Joe & Kim + 7 Family--------->Villa Aldora------------>Aldora Divers
7/15-7/22>Harro------------------------------>Hotel Cozumel------->Tres Pelicanos
7/16-7/25>cvchief & Susanita +13------------>Casa de Jefe-------->Scuba with Alison & Keen M International
7/18-7/23>amoses---------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel ->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/18-7/26>mstevens & wife------------------->Casa Suzana--------->TBD?
7/18-7/27>okiejeff +4------------------------->Cozumel Palace---->Aqua Safari/Blue Angel?/Dive with Martin?
7/19-7/26>dflaher---------------------------->Suites Bahia--------->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/19-7/26>gstrek+2-------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel-->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/19-7/26>Kelly & Steve--------------------->Blue Angel Resort------>Blue Angel
7/19-7/27>etexdiver (Eric) & Jenny---------->Blue Angel Resort----->Blue Angel
7/19/7/30>beechdiver-Bill & Renate---------->Blue Angel Resort---->Blue Angel
7/21-7/25>birdie1986 + Husband------------>Villa Aldora----------->Aldora Divers
7/21-7/28>bsppc----------------------------->Occidental Grand----->Diving with Alison
7/21-8/21>K3-------------------------------->Casa del Mar---------->Cozumel Marine World
7/25-8/4->macado-------------------------->Suites Bahia---------->Aldora Divers
7/31-8/13>pidgiepoo & husband------------>Iberostar------------->Dive with Martin

It was great meeting divingjd on the boat for our first dive yesterday.

Another crazy current day today. Divingjd and I got to do devels throat on first dive. Sadly once out the dive plan was to go up into the right and enter it again but I couldn't find the entrance before the current blew me away from it. So rest of group had to go with me on plan B :dork2:

Second dive was even more crazy current and we lost divingjd (I will let him explain).

Heading out for dive #3 in a few
Cheers,
John

Well, to be fair, nobody lost me. I lost the group. Rolled in at Cedral without my fins (DOH!) and by the time I got them and descended, I couldn't see the group. The current was pretty fast and they were gone. Found some bubbles, which turned out to be another group. Found another set of bubbles, but still not our group. By then it was time to bail out. Sent up a marker, surfaced, and one of the other boats called our boat. Today reinforced several things: (1) the importance of descending with the group in these currents: (2) have a surface marker and know how to use it; (3) know the name of the boat and the radio channel it monitors; and (4) check your gear before every dive. Fins seem pretty obvious, but not obvious enough for me today. There were a number of divers surfacing alone or in pairs away from their boats. Our captain asked one woman her boat's name and she said "I don't know, a big one." That makes it harder to get help.

We saw sand devils and swirling currents at Punta Sur too this morning. At one point I was watching the current take some debris up a sand chute. Not quite as crazy as Columbia Deep yesterday, but Sue Sue is right. The currents are whacky. Hoping for something a little more normal this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What, Don??? YOU get away from the group???
We could start a club...
Hope to see you soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom