June 2cnd Venice Beach Meet and Greet Dive 9:00 am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LIVES4SHARKS:
Thanks for the invite! I will be there diving with a new dive buddy. I would love to also meet you all! I am staying overnight and actually making a whole weekend of it! This is getting better and better for me!

Carolyn:sharks:

Hi girl welcome to our group :mooner: ....I will see you soon :wink:
Kim P

Is this dive suitable for a new diver? Only have 6 dives under my belt but would love to tag along. What would I need to bring along for a shore dive that I might not already have? I've never done a shore dive before, but have all the basic equipment for my boat dives.

Jim

hey jim,

this will be my first shore dive too. my guess is that you bring pretty much everything you would for a boat dive (correct me if i am wrong anyone). you will need a goody bag to hold all those teeth that we are going to find and, of course, will need your own air. we will need dive flags but hopefully there will be enough experienced divers with flags to indicate where we are? Perhaps someone could confirm this? will drop by divers direct to get one this week if needed?

the depth will be around 20 feet so one tank should last a dcent length of time and i don't imagine it will be very taxing so ideal for any skill/experience level.

i see that you live in orlando during the week. what travel time do you think i will need from ocoee (429/interstate4/interstate75 i guess)?

Joe

Joe

Thanks Joe. I've got everything but a flag. I could get one on short notice though. I take I-4 to I-75 and get to Ft. Myers in 3 hrs. You should be able to get to Venice in 2 or 2:15. Venice exit is 193 I believe, and I go on to 136.

Count me in, I'm havin' a good time hanging out with you guys. Although I have to buckle down and finish my advanced some time soon.....lol. See you all there.

Couple notes on shore diving. Bring a couple extra lbs of lead. Because you are gonna be shallow, also a couple extra pounds is good to keep you closer to the bottom when looking for teeth. The dive shop in town (can't remember the name, somebody chim in please) has really nice tooth bags for collecting. Unfortunately, I have to buy a new one also as the last one is a victim of the Venice Beach boogie monster.
Having a flag is a good idea, though there probably will be plenty there.
The bathrooms and showers are a 5 minute walk away at the public beach, so plan accordingly. Parking is free, however they have added NO PARKING signs in front of the condos. You may have to walk a little ways.
OH, and most importantly, is HAVE FUN!! The Conchs are a blast to dive with!

It seems that on the last couple of shore dives we have been short on dive flags .... so more would be welcome ..... bring tanks, mesh bag, and a smile :wink:
I had a great time the last couple of weekends .... and I am happy to see so many comming this weekend :)
Kim P

I have two flags

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom