Junior BC Search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajb

Reaction score
Hey,

My son is twelve and we need to get a larger BC for him. He currently dives the Seaquest Wave Junior. The next larger BC in the line is the wave however it does not have integrated weights and the pockets are kind of limited. He has logged about 40 dives and is quite the diver so even though a weight belt can be tolerated, it is not his ideal set up, looking for releasable and trim with knife grommets and larger pockets.

He weighs around 85 pound, his height is 57 inches, waist 27 inches. Any suggestions/recommendations/thoughts? The size chart for seaquest says that the junior should still fit him for a while but it is a pretty small fit on him... would like to get for Christmas plus he and I have a dive trip planned to the keys at the end of January/February. The rest of the family dives Seaquest but looks like he may be the first in a different mfg.

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:
....you should check this out : OxyCheq - ULTP w/ 18# Wing

There's a brand new thread on the Manufacturer's Forum / Oxycheq showing this BC 'system'.....if you see the post you can see the link to a PDF file where it's got specs/photos and a young girl in your son's age range wearing the 'system' ...it looks very slick ! ...and Oxycheq makes some good stuff.....I've bought 3 wings/ 2 lights / pockets from them.

Karl

The Wave Jr is made in an adult model as well.
In fact, there are several companies that sell that model under their brand name and all are available in weight integrated models.
This is one of those BC's that are mass produced in Viet Nam and badged by several companies.
If you do a search for the keywords Malibu, Wave, Caribe....(drawing a blank) but I know there are a few other keywords that will point you in the right direction.
If I find a link to one, I'll post it for you.

Keep shopping and this can be found for under $200.00

I've seen it.

The review/ad lists a 5'-4" diver as the low end but my wife is 4'-11" and some change. It fits her perfectly. It ain't a jacket BC which is what the OP seems to be looking for (integrated weights and lots of pockets) but it is a perfect piece of warm water gear. The 18# wing is really sweet as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom