Just back from Bonaire and Buddy Dive--LONG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman:
Nice report. You did set off a really bad case of PBD...I need an Amstel.

Sorry about that gang! I have read my report about 40 times since posting it. If I turn the TV off and concentrate real hard while reading, I kinda sorta still feel like I am there....

I admit that it was better than I thought it would be!:D

Just got back as well, though on the reverse side of flight cancellations. Took us four days to get off Boneair, just now getting back to posting, but nad a good time also.
Will post a short trip report soon, Glad you had a good trip, as did we, Bonaire's a pretty special place....I'll be back............

Great Trip Report!!! My husband and I will be making our first trip to Bonaire in September, and were very confused about where to stay, but now I am pretty sure its going to be Buddy. I have read some other reviews on Capt. Don's and Divi Flamingo, but nothing a thourough as yours. Thanks for all of the info. Is there any one hotel that is known to have the best "house reef"? Did you drive to other hotels to do their "house reefs"? Just curious as to how close they all are.

Welcome to the Board.
The most often proclaimed "best" house reef is Bari, which is in fount of the Sand Dollar Resort, next door to Buddy. Interestingly enough, what I consider to be the worst reef on Bonaire is a couple of doors south at Eden Beach. Go figure. Most all the resorts allow other divers to dive off their facilities but it is considered good manners to ask permission before doing so. Capt Don's is the only one I know of who discourages it by charging non guest $5. Distances apart vary. Sand Dollar, Buddy, Lions Dive and Capt Don's are all next to each other, just fences between the properties. You are really diving SD's reef if you turn left out of Buddy or CD's if you turn right. Others like Divi are on down the island. I rarely use any other resorts reef; the open ones are usually easier to get to with fewer crowds.
You can't go wrong with Buddy as your resort or dive op. Really nice people and dog (got to give Puck the resort dog a pat on the head too).

Back
Top Bottom