Buddy Dive 1st timer... any tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

16 Days (not that I'm counting down or anything...)!

If anyone else is scheduled to be in Bonaire from May 4-11, reach out via DM here and we'll see if we can't coordinate a dive or two.

I've been a week in Buddy Dive Resort last March 2024. A wonderfull resort.
The van we rented was a Renault Oroch with manual gear. The drycase for the key is included with the van.
The van, though with few kilometers (35K only) had scratches in many places. Remark those scratches to the clerck upon handling.
The resort briefing is done upon arrival and include recommendations related to parking the van in the dive sites. Leave it open with the windows down and nothing of value inside. We had zero issues. Anyway you will need a GPS to drive in the island as the roads can be tricky. We left the smartphone inside the engine bay.
The briefing includes the "colours" of the sites and the procedure to switch from red to orange or green. There is no particular requirements to go in the opposite direction. There are few green sites.
The two sites that I liked most were Hilma Hooker wreck (I love wrecks) and Salt Pier. Salt Pier can only be done if there is no ship in the pier. Ships in the pier are no longer than one or two days. Most of the time the pier is free.
Another sites that are simple to enter/exit besides of Buddy Reef, are Oil Slick and Something Special. The rest of the sites we visited all were hard because of the combination of loose stones and waves. There are hundred of sites.
We did 5 night dives in the Buddy Reef. Beautiful, easy to navigate and plenty of life. Also plenty of divers.
If you could get an UV torch, it's worth diving with it.
Check-in is at 4 PM, and the van was handled to us at 5 PM. Resort Briefing was at 2 PM. Rental Gear (at least weights and w. belt) was also given to us after the Resort briefing. The Dive Shop and the Dive Operator office is open until 5 PM. Drive Through Tank pick-up is open until 6 PM. Drive through tank return can be done 7 x 24. Tanks for on-site diving are available 7 x 24.
The last day in the island, the no dive day, we visited the Sorobon beach and the mangroves. Two places worth visiting.

Nevermind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom