New to SB / Dive Buddy Needed - central, Pa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shadd

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Divers, I am a brand new diver and have completed my confined water dive and in June will be looking to finish my Check-out dives for OW... My loooong journey to Cave Diving. I have tried to convince friends / family to join in on the fun, but no one would bite. So here I am introducing myself to this great community and looking for a possible dive buddy in the process.

Any advice, tips, tricks or dive sites are always welcome. Should anyone be interested in buddying up in this area shoot me a DM. Thank you for a great community and an awesome place to find friends!

c'mon - Let's dive!

Congratulations on completing the first step in getting OW certified. Good luck on the OW portion. Just stay calm and breathe and you will pass with flying colors.

BTW: the idea of cave diving terrifies me:shocked:

Thanks EZ E -Thank you for the confidence boost for my OW part! I am so psyched! I will be 100% honest - It terrifies me too, but I think that is what begs me to do it. I think my biggest fear in OW is letting my Instructor down or the scuba community that is there watching. I'll never forget taking that first breath, even in CW was just down right awesome! I don't want to jeopardize my future of Scuba in anyway!

Thanks again for the warm welcome <3

There were some students who struggled when I was certified in early 2000’s. They got the option to try again after surfacing for a period of time. Im not an experienced diver and based on the numerous instructors I have met, I feel the only way you would let them down is if you failed and quit diving all together.

Thank you, that is a comfort to know. I feel as though I pay attention to detail and study hard to make the right choices. I want to be an excellent and trustworthy dive buddy for someone. After my experience, I could never quit! I actually get misty-eyed thinking about that.

Ridiculously (and perhaps embarrassingly), I struggled with the CESA part. I think it was the horizontal swimming to mimic the 'assent'. I either didn't hold my Inflator hose up enough, held my breath or I was swimming to fast. oh and the free-flow breathing skill scared the.. you know what out of me. It didn't even look possible, but sure enough it was!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom