Just Back From Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuckster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Here a a few comments. Feel free to e-mail me other questions.
USAirways to Aruba then BonairExel to Curacao. BE has a great staff but schedule is not exact so watch your connections.
The Marriott is a WONDERFUL hotel. Great staff & beautiful grounds.
Caribbean Sea Sports (on site) is a great dive operator.
Curacao has great coral & an abundance of pretty marine life although mostly small
$22.50/ pp departure tax paid when you leave.
Rent a car. I used Budget @ $30.00/day. I rented from the hotel & returned it to the airport. Airport has a 10% concession fee. Taxi to Marriott from airport is $20.00.
The Deli & Portifinos @ the Marriott were good & great respectively.
La Clochard French restaurant is excellant (Otrobanda) although a little pricey.
Hook's Hut for a great lunch.
For calls back to the US, buy a card from the Marriott ($6.00) which gives you approx. 30 minutes. Do not use the phone in your room. Use the phone in the lobby.

GTuck2119@hotmail.com

Tuckster:
Here a a few comments. Feel free to e-mail me other questions.
USAirways to Aruba then BonairExel to Curacao. BE has a great staff but schedule is not exact so watch your connections.
The Marriott is a WONDERFUL hotel. Great staff & beautiful grounds.
Caribbean Sea Sports (on site) is a great dive operator.
Curacao has great coral & an abundance of pretty marine life although mostly small
$22.50/ pp departure tax paid when you leave.
Rent a car. I used Budget @ $30.00/day. I rented from the hotel & returned it to the airport. Airport has a 10% concession fee. Taxi to Marriott from airport is $20.00.
The Deli & Portifinos @ the Marriott were good & great respectively.
La Clochard French restaurant is excellant (Otrobanda) although a little pricey.
Hook's Hut for a great lunch.
For calls back to the US, buy a card from the Marriott ($6.00) which gives you approx. 30 minutes. Do not use the phone in your room. Use the phone in the lobby.

GTuck2119@hotmail.com

Thanks for the post. My non-diving wife and I will be doing the same trip in August for our 25th anniversary. When you dove with Carib Sea Sport, did you dive your own profile? I got the impression from their website that they tended to discourage that and wanted everyone to stay with the group, as opposed, say, to Sunset Waters, where they're completely comfortable with you going out unguided. How about their sites? They look to have a set itinerary of sites they dive every week. Did you get out to the mushroom forest or any wrecks? Were tanks available for shore diving, and could you take them off the property? Thanks for your insight.

Carib Sea Sports likes to keep the group together however if they get to know your level, you get a little leeway. We had 1 diver on Nitrox that stayed much deeper than the rest of us & kinda went off on his own. They do rent tanks & you can take them off property. We dove the Tugboat which had an abundant amount of lfe although mostly small. Didn't make the Mushroom Forest. They have a set schedule unless a large group votes another site. If you do the shore dive at Porta Maria (recommended) they have tanks there.
Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom