Just got back from Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silkismom

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back 27 Sept from a wonderful week in Cozumel,we stayed at the Iberostar, it was wonderful, huge room, good food & drinks. We dove with Dive Palancar at the Allegro next door. We bought the dives before we left, approx. $26 per tank. We walked over there the morning after arrival to see what the deal was. They asked if we wanted to dive that afternoon (dumb question)they took us back to our hotel, picked up our dive gear & stored it, then picked us up again for the pm dives. It was the 2 of us, DM & 2 crew--talk about royalty!!!! We stored our gear in their locked baskets & they picked us up & dropped us off everyday. It was great. The am dives had more people, 6-8 per dm, short boat rides since we were already there. Only bad thing about the operation was; only 1 rinse tank was full at a time and it got rather murky--glad we didn't have cameras. We saw several huge groupers, nurse sharks, turtles, a "great-grandpa" lobster as well as all the usual reef fish. Security was tighter leaving Mex. than US, they went thru all the checked luggage and twice thru carry-ons, including before we could walk out to the plane. Only rain we had was on the day we left. Great prices now--we went with Apple Vacations & charter from DEN, almost giving it away. Trying to decide where to go next.

Welcome to the boards and thanks for the post.
What did they let you carry on and what did you have to check? Namely I am wanting to carry my regs and camera and check the rest. Glad you had a nice vacation.

Tom

We checked all equip, except reg. bag & small backpack, small camera in that, no problem. Made me put tweezers, nailfiles, small scissors in checked bags, also don't carry on any tools, like screwdrivers, knives (including dive knives) etc. They did go thru everything, but if it was checked, no problem. Only crowds were in town w/cruise ships, but we were only in town for about an hour--"been there, done that, bought the t-shirt" other times. We did rent a car to see the "other side" $44 for 24hr, VW.

Thanks for your timely post. I am glad to hear how things are being processed thru. We have a trip to Playa planned for Feb. and my major concern is my carry on capabilities. I usually carry my regulator with computer on, my camera and mask. I usually check all other dive gear. Hopefully, things will still be the same. Although I have bought gear insurance which covers all for loss and theft, I would much prefer to carry it on with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom