Just got my new Seaskin Nova -- a brief follow-up thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stretchthepenn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since the original thread devolved and got locked, I'm posting a new thread to report the results of my back-and-forth with Seaskin/Aqualand about the round vs. oval cuffs.

Aqualand's sales manager, Onur, is a super-nice fellow, and he was more than willing to make things right. Shipping the suit from the US to England as a private person would've been a bit pricey ($185 on the low end, $400+ on the high end), so Onur offered to send me a return label. His commercial rate would've been a lot cheaper but still a tad on the expensive side, so instead, Onur is simply mailing me a set of oval cuffs that I'll get someone Stateside to install.

I think we're both pleased with the compromise; Onur solved a problem at minimal cost and with low effort, and I'm going to get my desired outcome at a reasonable expense. This kind of Shearwater-level customer service is what makes people like me want to talk up the Seaskin brand and come back the next time I need a drysuit.

Oh, and as a final and snarky side note, I reached out to a usability professional who works for a major US bank and asked this person to run through the cuff-selection scenario. The verdict: "Yep — definitely on your side here!"

It's called "Just got my new Seaskin Nova -- The Good and the Ehhhhh..." I dunno how to link it, and at the moment, I don't have time.
Some things are better left in the roadside weeds to decompose on their own.

I hope you find someone to install those rings locally, it’s not hard but it is tedious.

It's called "Just got my new Seaskin Nova -- The Good and the Ehhhhh..." I dunno how to link it, and at the moment, I don't have time.

Oh, I see that I missed that one. I read the entire thing, I am with you 1000%.

I've heard a few things about Seaskin, all of them good, but I actually just configured a suit for the first time and was shocked at how much cheaper it is than some other brands! Did you find that shipping and taxes made it about equal to buying a bigger brand from local? Or is it still significantly cheaper?

I've heard a few things about Seaskin, all of them good, but I actually just configured a suit for the first time and was shocked at how much cheaper it is than some other brands! Did you find that shipping and taxes made it about equal to buying a bigger brand from local? Or is it still significantly cheaper?

Noticeably cheaper.

Noticeably cheaper.
Agreed, definitely cheaper. My cost including transatlantic shipping was roughly $1,220 and tax/duty was not quite $60. Call it $1300 all told. A comparable suit from a big stateside brand would've been $2K easily.

Noticeably cheaper.

Agreed, definitely cheaper. My cost including transatlantic shipping was roughly $1,220 and tax/duty was not quite $60. Call it $1300 all told. A comparable suit from a big stateside brand would've been $2K easily.
Wow! That's awesome.. I will definitely be considering that when I do get into a drysuit

Back
Top Bottom