Just ordered a BlackTip Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
And I'm excited. I mainly want it for hunting lobster in the Gulf stream current or beach diving to get further offshore in SE Florida.

I plan to buy the DeWalt 12ah batteries. Amazon has them cheaper than Home Depot, but my fear is they might be older batteries or something which makes them inferior to one they carry at HD. Anyone have advice here?

They all have the dates printed on them
Amazon stock turns over way faster than any hardware store

Don't forget to register the batteries. If anything happens to them (flood, drop, etc), and they stop functioning, Dewalt will replace them within the first year.

They all have the dates printed on them
Amazon stock turns over way faster than any hardware store
Oh ok, I was scared that it would be the opposite. I've ordered standard batteries (Energizer/Duracell) in the past which had older dates and therefore shorter lifespans.

The pictures also look different between HD and Amazon.

Home Depot
1695922065802.png

Don't forget to register the batteries. If anything happens to them (flood, drop, etc), and they stop functioning, Dewalt will replace them within the first year.
Even if there's water damage, they will replace them? That's crazy. Thanks for the tip.

Interesting, the Dewalt website has the same picture as Amazon.
1695922273782.png

Is there any protection from counterfeit batteries on Amazon? I have mostly stopped buying important stuff on Amazon as there is so much fake stuff out there. The way Amazon manages stock it is fairly easy for counterfeit stuff to get mixed in with genuine, at least it was like that at one time. I don't know what, if anything, they are doing at this point. I would not buy any mission-critical dive gear there though.

Even if there's water damage, they will replace them? That's crazy. Thanks for the tip.
Yeah, just file the claim and they will send you new ones. My buddy ended up cracking the tube on his travel and we didn't realize until smoke started coming out of it while trying to get it going in salt water. He filed the claim and they sent him 2 brand new 9ah batteries. I don't know if he told them they got wet or just stopped working.

Is there any protection from counterfeit batteries on Amazon? I have mostly stopped buying important stuff on Amazon as there is so much fake stuff out there. The way Amazon manages stock it is fairly easy for counterfeit stuff to get mixed in with genuine, at least it was like that at one time. I don't know what, if anything, they are doing at this point. I would not buy any mission-critical dive gear there though.
This was my concern as well with Amazon. I guess you could select a seller with good reviews.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom