Just received my new Carbon 42

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I can't wait to get into the pool today and then OW tomorrow with my new Carbon 42! This is just one very sexy looking reg. setup and so light weight compaired to my ATX200. I hope the preformance is there; I'm sure it is though since its a Mares!

Had my new Reg in the pool yesterday and WOW!!! It sure was sweet and I can't wait to get it into open water today. I loved how light it was and the Flex hoses really made people want to touch it! I think that two of my other Instructors are ready to get one as well.

Please let us know how it compares to your Apex once youv'e had it out in open water.

So I had my Carbon in OW yesterday during a Rescue class, so it wasn't used all the time since there was a lot of surface work done. However, in 30ft of water it produced more air than was needed so you don't have work at pulling in the breath. I have fallen in love with the it breaths!!! As for compairing it to my Apex ATX200s, I would say that the Carbon is much easier to breath compaired to the Apex. I know that my Apex Regs need to be overhauled, but even when they where new I think that the Carbon is better right now. In a few weeks I will put it through a deep dive when teaching AOW so I will know a little more then, but right now I'm still sticking with the Carbon. As for the weight of the two sets Apex and Carbon. The Carbon weights far less with everything attached to it (back up SPG, Sunnto sending unit, Dry Suit hose, Carbon Octo, Carbon Primary, LP hose) than does just the 1st and 2nd Stages of the Apex.

Back
Top Bottom