"Just Right" Bonaire Dive Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just spent 9 days at Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn. It meets almost all of your criteria except the bar/restaurant on site, but there are several within walking distance.

After seeing another post about Bonaire I searched deeper and found this one from last year.
Hope to get away from NY in March or April and Bonaire is on our top of list.
If anyone has more inn or resort suggestions especially with shore accessibility. Do post!
Thanks

resortdiver

After seeing another post about Bonaire I searched deeper and found this one from last year.
Hope to get away from NY in March or April and Bonaire is on our top of list.
If anyone has more inn or resort suggestions especially with shore accessibility. Do post!
Thanks

resortdiver
All of the major Bonaire dive resorts (ignore the word resort as they are not really resorts, think dive hotel) have shore access to excellent dive sites.

This thread seems to call out all of the major resorts.

Please post specific questions / needs and I am sure people will chime in with their preferences & opinions.

We personally like the Divi since it is walking distance to supper in town and we do not truck dive.

Several years ago stayed at Blachi Koko and dove with Carib Inn. Loved their dive boats, wasn't crazy about the dive out back though. They also don't do Nitrox if thats important to you. Love the place and owners but have not been back usually stay at other places. that is not so say I wouldn't go back. Carib Inn is a great dive destination. If you want better dock or shore diving in back I'd stay north.

Several years ago stayed at Blachi Koko and dove with Carib Inn. Loved their dive boats, wasn't crazy about the dive out back though. They also don't do Nitrox if thats important to you. Love the place and owners but have not been back usually stay at other places. that is not so say I wouldn't go back. Carib Inn is a great dive destination. If you want better dock or shore diving in back I'd stay north.

I agree--stayed at Caribe twice and liked it except for the shore dive out front. The northern places have better diving out front--Habitat, Coral Paradise, and others in that immediate area in my view!

It has no on-site bar or restaurant, but I stayed at Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn back in June and it was my kind of place... all about the diving.

Oops, just noticed I posted previously in this thread

I like the idea of a dive trip where everything is on your own schedule. Quite opposite of every dive trip I've done (except for Curacao) so should be great.
The Big Island of Hawaii can be added to the list.

---------- Post added November 24th, 2014 at 10:47 PM ----------

As already noted, Bonaire is very different from most other dive destinations. The biggest difference is that you are free to dive when you want. You run to your own schedule.
Sure, but there is a catch when diving Bonaire. You'll do better if you plan your dives in such manner that you won't get stuck in traffic in Kralendijk in rush hour. For example, if you are staying N of the capital in Sand $ or Habitat, you can dive whenever you want at 1000 Steps, Oil Slick, the Andreas and so on; but be careful when planning your trip to the S (HH, Alice, the Invisibles etc). And vice versa.

You'll do better if you plan your dives in such manner that you won't get stuck in traffic in Kralendijk in rush hour.

Wow, not sure where you are from, but coming from the Washington DC area, calling the rush hour in Kralendijk a problem is hard to accept! Maybe one or two of the intersections, for a few minutes, sure.

Wow, not sure where you are from, but coming from the Washington DC area, calling the rush hour in Kralendijk a problem is hard to accept! Maybe one or two of the intersections, for a few minutes, sure.
I lived near DC for 20 years. Kralenijk is never that bad, of course, but why waste even 15 min in Bonaire?

I agree--stayed at Caribe twice and liked it except for the shore dive out front. The northern places have better diving out front--Habitat, Coral Paradise, and others in that immediate area in my view!

I think I only dove the house reef once during the day, but had a good time doing my night dives there. Can't compare it with other house reefs though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom