Kayak Diving west central FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wallster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Never tried diving from a kayak but interested in finding dive buddies since Crystal River shops don't offer a lot of options

What sites are you wanting to dive? I've dove out of my kayak (Vibe SeaGhost 130) a very limited number of times - couple in Chaz, couple in Weeki, but never open water as I struggle getting in and out if I can't at least bounce off the bottom.

Plus it's been two years since I even used the thing at this point, because there's nowhere to go and just paddle close by anymore that isn't a lake or $10 for parking. At least when I had to pay to park in Hernando County it was easy to find a spot and quick access to the Gulf, but in Citrus I'm a 30-45 minute drive from anywhere I'd actually want to kayak and most of the spots in Crystal River don't offer trailer parking anymore.

Sorry I didn't get back before. Crystal River is way too expensive with few places to go. King Springs is OK. I have paddled there but $10 parking and $5 to launch gets old fast. I have a 14 foot Carolina Skiff and have used it for diving. I can launch half way down the road that goes to Ft. Island Beach and use my yearly pass. It isn't a bad little boat for 2 divers and equipment. Any interest?

More possibilities. Blue Grotto and Devils Den but they are $40 or $50 to dive but still less than a dive shop tour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom