Kayak Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saipanman:
That's good advice, and you would do well to heed it.

My .02 is to imagine your kayak upside down. Anything on thats not stowed or strapped to your yak is either floating or sinking.

Did you guys dived alone? or with buddy?

diversjobs:
Did you guys dived alone? or with buddy?

I'm gonna have to stick with the standard PADI "Never dive alone" answer here.

First, you're new to kayaking, so things are gonna go wrong. Another person (hopefully with another kayak) should certainly come along, just to help solve the beginner mistakes you're sure to make (no offense, but you are new).

Next, part of the fun of kayak diving (especially for instructors, who often dive the same sites due to student training) is getting away from it all, and exploring new places. This means you're probably much farther away from help. In short, if you didn't bring it with you, (GPS/Radio, 02 kit) you aren't going to be able to use it when you need it.

Buddies are essential to kayak diving, for sure (at least for your first coupla hundred kayak dives....)

Be careful with entanglements from your lanyards. Stupid things can happen. I had one lanyard attached to the Kayak with a large clip. I slid off the kayak and my bathing suit jammed in the clip, leaving me attached to an upside down kayak by my shorts. You can't plan for everything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom