Kayak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easy to transport and beach launch, fast, easy to board. I'm sure there are others.

Peter

zeN|| once bubbled...
I'm curious why divers prefer a kayak to a small raft or boat

I don't need a trailer and ramp
I don't have to go 2 miles, out the inlet, and 2 miles back down to my dive site.
The battery is never dead.
The motor always starts.
I don't need to anchor it, I just drag it behind me.
It covers distance easily.
I do all maintenance with a hose
It stores in my apartment

I have an Ocean Kayak Drifter, it's beamy and stable. The only thing I don't like is that the tankwell is about 3 inches too short to have an 80 lie flat.

Thanks for all the info.

Now... how tough is it to handle getting the Cobra Fish n Dive off the car rack and back on by oneself? Does it take two to get it up on a roof rack? Or do you all use a towed trailer for these?

BlueDolphin once bubbled...
Thanks for all the info.

Now... how tough is it to handle getting the Cobra Fish n Dive off the car rack and back on by oneself? Does it take two to get it up on a roof rack? Or do you all use a towed trailer for these?

I haul mine upside on the factory roof rack of our ford windstar. I can load it and unload it by mysel but is kinda awkward. Me and my wife can easily load it together. If i had a decent kayak rack where i didnt have to turn the kayak upside down i could probably handle it much easier myself. The kayak itself only weighs 58lbs.

I load/unload my scupper pro myself all the time.

It took a couple of tries to get the technique down.

The scupper is about 16' long and weighs around 65# dry.

Peter

The OK Drifter is probably the most comfortable one available. It's got a nice wide seat and plenty of leg room. Lots of capacity for my big self and gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom