Keep an eye on this one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agre christi tornadoes are scarier. Living on oklahoma my hwole life been in more than my share. It is pretty amazing though the weather men can tell you block by block if it's heading towards you, but still not much notice. My freinds here in oklahoma that have a place down where there when wilma hit. They said it was like a tornado that didn't end for 3 days. scary- i love big storms, but that doesn't sound fun.

What a pretty picture.. May this thread be retired as a distant memory.

Click for Larger view

storm-15.jpg

I'll take tornadoes any time. They wipe out blocks, not entire states, and they do it in minutes rather than hours.

I'll take tornadoes any time. They wipe out blocks, not entire states, and they do it in minutes rather than hours.

That's the scary part Don! They are much stronger usually, and take out ENTIRE blocks destroying EVERYTHING and leave more death in their short path than a typical hurricane. The p[eople in those blocks have no time to protect or save anything!

That's the scary part Don! They are much stronger usually, and take out ENTIRE blocks destroying EVERYTHING and leave more death in their short path than a typical hurricane. The p[eople in those blocks have no time to protect or save anything!
That was my point: They take out blocks, not states. Oh, they're both bad. The F5 that demolished Lubbock in the 70s missed me by 2 miles, and the Tuscaloosa monster last year jumped over my niece hiding in her tub - but they missed us. :cool: Hurricanes kill more from flooding actually, but yeah - both are bad. At least with tornadoes, they get it over with quickly.

That was my point: They take out blocks, not states. Oh, they're both bad. The F5 that demolished Lubbock in the 70s missed me by 2 miles, and the Tuscaloosa monster last year jumped over my niece hiding in her tub - but they missed us. :cool: Hurricanes kill more from flooding actually, but yeah - both are bad. At least with tornadoes, they get it over with quickly.

Tornadoes are much scarier if you ask me. I mean, how much warning have they given about Ernesto? Like several days, right? A tornado can pop down almost any minute with little to no warning. Some of these twisters can happen at 2 am and then the sirens go off and you have minutes to get into your storm shelter. Some of those tornadoes can reach 300 miles per hour throwing debris all over the place and ripping homes from their slabs. I'll take Hurricanes all day over twisters.

Tornadoes are much scarier if you ask me. I mean, how much warning have they given about Ernesto? Like several days, right? A tornado can pop down almost any minute with little to no warning. Some of these twisters can happen at 2 am and then the sirens go off and you have minutes to get into your storm shelter. Some of those tornadoes can reach 300 miles per hour throwing debris all over the place and ripping homes from their slabs. I'll take Hurricanes all day over twisters.

Of course in a perfect world, we would have no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no tsunamis, no fires, no hunger, no drug wars, honest politicians, etc. etc. etc. - haha! BUT, I think fire, tsunamis and tornadoes do scare me worse!

Tornadoes are much scarier if you ask me. Some of those tornadoes can reach 300 miles per hour throwing debris all over the place and ripping homes from their slabs. I'll take Hurricanes all day over twisters.

A tornado is like a .22 bullet. A direct hit is bad but the odds are against it. A hurricane (cat 4 or 5 anyway) is a nuke. And there are tornados spinning off hurricanes too.

A tornado is like a .22 bullet. A direct hit is bad but the odds are against it. A hurricane (cat 4 or 5 anyway) is a nuke. And there are tornados spinning off hurricanes too.

Good point Hank!

How did you guys fare with Ernie??? I hope damage and inconvenience was minimal to nada!

So now that everyone seems to have agreed that Ernesto was, in fact, not much of a storm, now we're going to go a few rounds of, "my natural disaster is scarier than your natural disaster?" LOL!

Hmmm, Don, does DAN insurance cover you for tornado accidents? jk, jk :bounce:

Back
Top Bottom