Keeping Injury Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a 1" x 4" x ? deep abrasion from a snow skiing fall on my rt forearm. It has scabbed over but will not be completely healed by the time i start diving in Curacao next week. Is there a way i can keep this injury water tight? I don't want it to get infected or the scab to come off from the repeated immersions in the water.
Should i use duct tape, neosporen, vasaline, plastic bag, or some combination. Is there something commercially available that I can use? How about that rubber spray stuff they are always advertising on tv? staying out of the water is not an option......

The only waterproof dressing I know of is some version of Tegaderm or Nexcare. Stays on great for showers and such but not sure how long it will last immersed in the ocean. May have to replace each dive. Also might help to put extra tape around the edges.

BTW. Scabs are not usually a good thing, Slows healing.

Last edited:
Liquid bandage might work. Just keep an eye out for infection - redness, swelling, etc.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom