Key West / DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any ideas on diving the next few days? The winds are getting crazy and I might need a back up plan. Head to Key Largo? Protected area? Any help would be great!!!

You can always dive in the lagoon at Florida Keys Community College. $20 entrance fee and you get to dive a reconstructed archaelogical site, constructed of actual timbers from the ATocha wreck.

Max depth is 45 ft, vis is usually in the 20-30 ft range. Not a dive to die for, but if you need to train, or get wet, it is there. Shore entry so no issue with waves or boats ever.

Any ideas on diving the next few days? The winds are getting crazy and I might need a back up plan. Head to Key Largo? Protected area? Any help would be great!!!

I just came up the coast of the keys from the gulf on a tugboat and the whole trip up the keys was a little choppy Might be worth checking out the place IVS mentioned or calling around to different boats and seeing if they are running.

Thanks for the information guys!

I did get out with Captains Corner and South Point one day each. Both did a great job on the Vandenberg but I felt at home with CC. Larger boat and could meet your tec needs as well. Subtropic did not want to get their boat wet all week and really started to bug me. Weather was the comment but looks like they could not fill the boat when others could. So in Key West check out the below ops. :D

http://captainscorner.com/

Southpointdivers Key West Scuba Diving

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom