Key West Dive Operators Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoBlue!:
Very one-sided video. Unincluded is what had ticked off Capt. Jim, and while "foul-mouthed," for all we know his emotions could've been well-justified. Would like to hear his side of that story before I'd be at all swayed.

Jim

Hop over to spearboard, www.spearboard.com and you can read both sides of the story.

One sided or not, foul mouthed or not, watch the video and ask yourself this:
Do I want to patronize a charter captain that operates a boat in that manner?
Do I want to be one of the divers under that boat when Mr. Wyatt has a tantrum and disregards their safety and the danger that his boat and prop present?

It seems to me we divers get enough fisherman and other boaters coming to close to our boats, with dive flags flying and divers down, without experienced charter captains doing it too. I for one don't want that kind of reckless boater anywhere near me and my friends and family when we are diving!

keyshunter- thanks for the link to spearboard.com. I appreciate being able to read Wyatt's response.

Wreckhunter- agreed. Looks like that was a messy situation over the Busch. Glad no one got hurt.

Jim

Who's to say how the actual argument transpired? For the moment, let's not worry about what we don't see on that video.
What I DO see is a boat getting up on plane way, WAY too close to boat with divers in the water. That much is pretty cut and dry, and inexcusable, IMO.

BIGSAGE136:
He does has a pet peeve about people who are out of their league though. :eyebrow:

Well not sure how to respond but, I guess that he feels he should be able to push people off HIS wreck. As an instructor us little people are below his league, hopefully when we all learn as much you guys have perhaps we will all own our own personal dive sites. nevermind that both bouys were already in use when he got there and 3-4 foot seas prevented multiple tie offs. I also guess that you feel he was operating his vessel in a safe manner 50 feet from the other boats with the dive flag up. nevermind that is was a memorial going on. So maybe you could talk to your buds that are above everyone else, and explain to them that they do not own any dive sites and just go somewhere else. I will make it a personal mission of mine to point out DANGEROUS boaters like him.

I just came back from the key largo about a month ago and dove with blue water divers..they were fantastic...took mom and the kids diving and all three ended up puking over the side of the boat , other than that i had a great time : )
Bob

I agree that the boat was on a plane way too close to the divesite regardless of who instigated the fight. Looks like someone needs anger management.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom