Knog quodos LED light... Check this out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

400 lumens isn't enough for diving

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone got any experience with these lights? Are they good enough for a noob cake? I'm heading out to Japan diving next week. I have not tested this in water yet, I fly out tomorrow and I just got the base today. I drilled some holes in the locline for filling/drainage.

This is my semi DIY tray I put together. Its very similar to the link posted above http://diversdigest.co.za/the-complete-diy-underwater-gopro-solution/. I was also taking design cues from the sea life quick release system which I was actually going to buy.

If anyone is interested:
- The tray is Delrin/acetal that was machined by a friend.
- The handles are cheap mountain bike handles from eBay that my mate gave me, approx au10 bucks.
- The "Locline" is not genuine locline its chinese gopro gooseneck from ebay au9.18 delivered (for both, what a steal). It is just as rigid as genuine locline IMO.
- 3x quickrelease tripod mount adapter base, ebay approx au5
- 3x quickrelease buckles au3
- 1x 1/4" all thread au 5 bucks

total is 32.18AUD, plus the delrin part, I paid au99 for each of the knogs. So total set up was less than 300 bucks? Could have made it even cheaper by not using the quick release buckles but this way I can disassemble the arms from the handles

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 57
i got Knog but i use it together with gopro hero4 once only. then i bought a i-torch pro6+ 2800lumen finally.
honeslty speaking, not quite suitable for gopro, 400lumen is not enough U/W. unless you are being very close to object, but gopro is not suitable for close up with no additional close up lens. so i just used once and buy another video light.

Knog only suitable for distance within 1M, should be maxium.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom