Kona - Condos or Hotels for january

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Billy's in Kona is usually about the least expensive place I've found http://www.kidspot.org/clubhouse/clubhouse1.html . It's older and a bit run down, but clean and comfortable. They do have a decent buffet downstairs, A/C in the rooms and a pool. Since I just look for a clean comfortable bed to sleep in at night I like it there.

Aloha, Tim

DeputyDan:
We used www.sunquest-hawaii.com/Condos/condos.html to book our condo with on the big island.

Warning - very few condos have A/C or Heat. If this is an issue go with a hotel room.

DD

Did you say heat?? lol A/C although is a bit of a more serius matter. I was happy when our condo in Maui (with supposedly A/C in it which did not work) had a fan to make some ar flow.

kidspot:
Uncle Billy's in Kona is usually about the least expensive place I've found http://www.kidspot.org/clubhouse/clubhouse1.html . It's older and a bit run down, but clean and comfortable. They do have a decent buffet downstairs, A/C in the rooms and a pool. Since I just look for a clean comfortable bed to sleep in at night I like it there.

Aloha, Tim
Thanks Tim. I've stayed at Uncle Billy's in Hilo and it too was run down and crawling. It's just a place to leave the dive gear while I get some awesome dives in. I'm bagging the idea of the Aggressor and simply looking into an inexpensive condo. That way I can save more money for a trip to Palau.

My house on the Big Isle had a wood stove in it. It was in sight of recently extinct glaciers and just down the hill from a permafrost fed lake. The snow sking here is marginal but it does happen.....Things most people never think about when thinking of Hawaii!!!!!!!.....If you reaqly want to do it on the cheap you can camp or go the hostle route. Also don't forget that notor homes are available for rent.

Wildcard:
My house on the Big Isle had a wood stove in it. It was in sight of recently extinct glaciers and just down the hill from a permafrost fed lake. The snow sking here is marginal but it does happen.....Things most people never think about when thinking of Hawaii!!!!!!!.....If you reaqly want to do it on the cheap you can camp or go the hostle route. Also don't forget that notor homes are available for rent.

Well, I'll be... I had no idea that the Big Island got that cool. Probably the same assumptions people make about Alaskans not requiring A/C. There are many roasting days in the summers in Anchorage area. We just don't have the humidity.

Ya. Try getting Worthington ford to add an AC to a truck!

we don't get near as much snow as the B.I. gets, but I have woke up in the morning out camping with a sheet of ice on my sleeping bag here on Maui (7,000ft) - And it's always fun going up to Haleakala crater(10,000ft) for sunrise to watch the tourists from Minnesotta during the winter - usually in shorts... shivering in the 30* weather and 40-60mph winds sandblasting their faces. Of course I'm usually standing there in my hooded parka with a mug of hot chocolate... but they were warned :wink: (no one ever believes you when you tell them it gets "cold" in Hawaii)

Tim

DeputyDan:
We used www.sunquest-hawaii.com/Condos/condos.html to book our condo with on the big island.

Warning - very few condos have A/C or Heat. If this is an issue go with a hotel room.

DD

We booked a condo for two weeks in Kona (I apologize for not remembering the name) - It did not have AC but was right on the water and had ceiling fans. This was MORE than enough to stay comfortable.

Never really thought about needing heat on the BI - unless of course you are at elevation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom