Kudos to UK lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codyjp

Contributor
Reaction score
I was using my SL4led and i was trying to turn it off and i just popped off the light head when i was tightening it the whole thing flooded, i tried to save the head/batteries but they fell out of my pocket.

Long story short, I only had the tube when i took it in to Mike at New England Divers in Long Beach Ca. He mailed it in for me and behold i now have a BRAND NEW light!

That is OK in my book. it is a bummer it broke but they did the right thing and I WILL buy another light from them.

Good to know as I am considering purchasing one!:)

I have the UK100 HID light and after a live aboard trip this year it would not turn on. I sent it to UK and they repaired the HID and a loose switch (free under warranty) and now the light works like new. No questions asked, they just had me send the light and a week later it was fixed. Great service.

They do have exceptional customer service. Over the last five years, I have had two lights to flood and both have been replaced without question.

I have a half dozen of the SL6 incandescents and I used them for my back ups as well as loaners. That being said, their SL4 LEDs are WONDERFUL. They go on every trip with me, including being a backup for penetrations. They are 2/3's the weight and bulk of the SL6 and are incredibly convenient.

Codyjp:
I was using my SL4led and i was trying to turn it off and i just popped off the light head when i was tightening it the whole thing flooded, i tried to save the head/batteries but they fell out of my pocket.

I'm not quite understanding what happened. The SL4 has a switch,
so I'm kind of confused why the head would need to be turned
during a dive.
I'm curious as to what exactly happened here to ensure
it doesn't happen to me.

--- bill

I like UK, I like their lights, their factory service reps have always been very helpful- even with items long ago off of their catalog listings. They have always gone the extra mile. I teach a lot of night diving and I buy UK4C's by the case. I teach my students how to maintain them with proper care. I have seen some in service for over ten years. My UK800r is well over 15 years old.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom