LA County's Advanced Diver Program (ADP) is back for 2023!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azstinger11

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After an extended quarantine LA County's Advanced Diver Program (ADP) will be returning this summer (2023)! You can check out the flyer here or even better come visit us at the Long Beach scuba show (June 3 & 4, booth #157) and we'll be happy to talk about the program! I'm happy to answer any questions that I can here as well (i'm not the instructor lead for the course, but will be a staff instructor during the program).

Bit of background about me (the flyer has some good background on ADP), I graduated ADP in 2018. At the time I was already a PADI rescue diver with a few hundred dives. We had heard about the program, probably here, and wanted to check it out. The local focus is really what interested us. We committed to the course and did the drive from San Diego for the summer and had a great time. We absolutely picked up a lot of great knowledge on proper beach diving entrances, weather forecasting, and some freediving training. The following year we volunteered as non-instructor staff for ADP. Finally bit the bullet and tried out and ultimately completed UICC. So obviously a bit biased but I do think it's a great course and has some training you won't see elsewhere. This isn't GUE fundies type of buoyancy school of hard knocks, but does teach recreational divers a lot about their local area.

Also at the scuba show there will be a presentation on available weather forecasting tools and how to best interpret them for dive condition forecasting, June 3rd from 3-4pm.

Have a great and safe diving summer everyone!

Chris
UICC 6706

Any word on how ADP is going? How many people signed up? lascuba.com lacks detail.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom