Laguna Beach Dive Laws

Lifeguards make decisions for divers

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love it when people who don't understand the first amendment try to use it to flog others innapropriately. Great way to diminish the value and impact of the US Constitution!
Um - try again, without the drama.

The OP did not say it was a first amendment complaint, he said it was a "first amended complaint". There is a big difference.

Um - try again, without the drama.

The OP did not say it was a first amendment complaint, he said it was a "first amended complaint". There is a big difference.

Obviously in all the "drama" you didn't actually read the complaint.

Please take a look at pages 7 and 8 of the complaint where he claims his rights under the first ammendment were violated. In fact he goes on to claim that his fifth and fourteenth ammendments were also violated.

People who don't take the time to read things that they comment on are right up there with the folks that try to flaunt the constitution without knowing what it actually says or means.

:shakehead:

What exactly is it you are complaining about? Looks like you got a ticket for something - I couldn't figure out why, or for what.

That's what he's complaining about.

Obviously in all the "drama" you didn't actually read the complaint.

Please take a look at pages 7 and 8 of the complaint where he claims his rights under the first ammendment were violated. In fact he goes on to claim that his fifth and fourteenth ammendments were also violated.

People who don't take the time to read things that they comment on are right up there with the folks that try to flaunt the constitution without knowing what it actually says or means.

:shakehead:

I'm trying to figure out how diving is free speech.

I'm trying to figure out how diving is free speech.

"Congress shall make no law abridging the right of divers to peaceably assemble their gear."

Hello Scuba Board.

My challenges to several Laguna Beach dive ordinances are now before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Fransisco.

The United States Supreme Court is the only higher court.

A decision by the Ninth Circuit will apply to diving regulations in all 50 states.

This arose out of an incident on July 2nd, 2007, when I was cited for allegedly disobeying a lifeguard. The District Attorney refused to prosecute in the interests of justice.

On May 14th, 2008, I filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the City of Laguna Beach, which is currently scheduled for trial in May, 2009.

Leonard Porto

So, what is this all about? I'm an Oregon diver. How does the messed up state of California dive laws affect me?

drdiver

This arose out of an incident on July 2nd, 2007, when I was cited for allegedly disobeying a lifeguard.

How? What? When? Why?
Please do tell... I was pretty shocked to hear that a snorkel was required for all divers "even though I use one for long surface swims" and that solo dives were not allowed in Laguna.

Hello Scuba Board.A decision by the Ninth Circuit will apply to diving regulations in all 50 states.
Decisions by the ninth circuit are only binding within the ninth circuit. Plenty of people in plenty of states really have nothing to fear from the ninth circuit. Alas - I wish Alaska were so lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom