Lake Champlain Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octotat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone recommend a shore dive on Lake Champlain (New York side preferably). I will be staying in Plattsburgh but would be willing to drive a ways in either direction.

Look into dives down in Lake George. There is diving in Rogers Rock and Hearthstone Park, (NY DEC camping areas).

There are also some great wrecks to dive in LC and LG. The Radeau in Lake George is a 1759 wreck. It is a warship from the French and Indian War and fully intact.

Flea Dog

When are you going? I have a cottage right on the Lake in Plattsburgh. Go out on Cumberland Head and dive in the bay. There are cannon balls and such from the war. You can't take any, but they are there. Lake George is too far away. Go see Mel at A+ Pro divers. He's right on Miller St. He has a charter boat and can take you out. Go see the Horse Ferry, General Butler and the OJ Walker. He can also take you around Valcour Island. If you're there in June, I can take you around our property. There's a sunken dock from the old ferry. --Heather.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom