Lake Jocasee (South Carolina)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jocasseegirl:
I'm countin' the days till dive season at Jocassee. It will probably be late May before I can get up there. I got new dive equipment for Christmas and am anxious to try it out. Hope to meet a lot of you up there. Debbie
Dive Season? It's always dive season at Jocassee! There is just OW instruction season and non-instruction season. On my last dive there, the water was 50F and the vis was great.

Debbie, I predict your Jocassee fascination will eventually cost you a drysuit! :D

xiSkiGuy:
Dive Season? It's always dive season at Jocassee! There is just OW instruction season and non-instruction season. On my last dive there, the water was 50F and the vis was great....

Exactly. I've already logged 2 dives there this month.

Jeremy

mindless amphibian:
Was wondering if anyone knows any info on Jocasee Girls camp or any other points of interest in Jocasee or Keowee

The girls camp has been found. However, it's in 318 feet of water:shakehead. They have found the steel bridge that was the entrance into the valley (right in front of the girls camp), and the stone pillars with the picket fences still hanging on them! Eventually, further exploration to the cabins will be made. We do know that the main house is no longer there. Please send me an e-mail if you want any further information that may not be dive-related. Thanks!

Debbie

JKSteger:
Exactly. I've already logged 2 dives there this month.

Jeremy

You are absolutely right! I don't know why I hesitate to do colder dives out of town when I do them locally every weekend. Big weekend of diving planned this weekend at Clark Hill (Lake Thurmond) and the Savannah River (Augusta GA). Some of us are off Friday and plan to dive Friday and Sat at the lake and Sunday in the river to celebrate the warm temps (80 degrees here tomorrow):14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom