Lake Pleasant Adventure Day 2011 - June 18th, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We showed up at Desert Tortoise at 8:30 and was told it was canceled due to wind? Did it happen after all? I'm sorry I didn't get over to the 10-lane ramp!

It sure was crowded, though - so many new divers and divers that hadn't dove in several months.

I must've looked like a dweeb. :blush: The shore was so gradual that I would fin on the surface until I could sit and take off my side-mounts. The problem was my feet were floaty and when the waves came in, it would rock me on my back and I'd have to struggle to get back on my butt. :laughing: Each time I had people coming to help me . . . stupid drysuit! :chuckle:

Water was cold, at 65F. I really chilled at my second dive. Nice to be in a swimsuit in the sun! I met the Goodyear Sports Chalet folk - nice people, and very caring of the divers.

I hear that it may be rescheduled to June 18th.

rescheduled to June 18th

I WILL BE THERE AND BRING YOUR FRIENDS

Parks & Recreation - Maricopa County

Lake Pleasant Adventure Day
Lake Pleasant Regional Park
Join us for our second attempt at this awesome event! High winds will not run us out this time!! Clubs, organizations, dive shops, and more will be on-site with freebies, goodies, drawings, demonstrations, and activities for you to try! Feel like getting wet? There will be water activities for everyone! Bring the whole family and enjoy a day under the sun and in the water. Don't miss it!

Date: 6/18/2011
Time: 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Registration Required: No
Fee: Free with $6 park entry

Contact: Anna Esh 602-372-7460 x 210 or Terry Gerber 602-372-7460 x 202

Peoria, AZ 85342

Lake Pleasant Adventure Day
Lake Pleasant Regional Park
Join us for our second attempt at this awesome event! High winds will not run us out this time!! Clubs, organizations, dive shops, and more will be on-site with freebies, goodies, drawings, demonstrations, and activities for you to try! Feel like getting wet? There will be water activities for everyone! Bring the whole family and enjoy a day under the sun and in the water. Don't miss it!

Date: 6/18/2011
Time: 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Registration Required: No
Fee: Free with $6 park entry

Contact: Anna Esh 602-372-7460 x 210 or Terry Gerber 602-372-7460 x 202

Parks & Recreation - Maricopa County

Hey, how did this go off??

I wish I could've been there, but that Monument Fire thing was such a nuisance! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom