lake powell diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farmerstephen13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
going on a houseboat trip to lake powell soon, is there any worthwhile diving there? I have only dove in the ocean so freshwater would be a first for me. Any information would be great

If it's anything like lake pleasant the vis will be okay (30ft or so) above the first thermocline. Below that it will close in until about 60 feet deep where it opens up. If they have the zebra muscles it may be clearer.
Temp will probably range from high 70s to low 80s at the surface to 60ish below 50' deep.
If you dive please add a dive report so we can live vycarously through you.
As far as "worth diving", if you're a dive junky like me it is always worth it.

i dove there in june. it wasnt very clear, maybe 10 or so feet . best time was in the morning. im going again in september and ill bring my stuff. as far as i know there isnt any place to fill tanks. so bring a few if you have them. i was ther ein april and from the boat i was on you could see 30 feet in the water but i didnt have my dive stuff with me. so it can be real clear sometimes. when are you going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom