Lake Rawlings for Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are an hour closer to Dutch Springs than you are to Lake Rawlings....with better facilities once you get there and you don't have to deal with Erol. :)

You are an hour closer to Dutch Springs than you are to Lake Rawlings....with better facilities once you get there and you don't have to deal with Erol. :)

LMAO... MOst people complain about Kevin...Errol is pretty invisible.

The best question is going to be, where are we going to take students for checkout dives? Fantasy??

It would be nice if there was a reliable boat in the Virginia beach area to run ocean dives....you know one that will actually RUN the boat when the winds pick up past 10kts....and preferably one that doesn't want $175 per trip with no comps available for instructors.

LMAO... MOst people complain about Kevin...Errol is pretty invisible.

The best question is going to be, where are we going to take students for checkout dives? Fantasy??

It would be nice if there was a reliable boat in the Virginia beach area to run ocean dives....you know one that will actually RUN the boat when the winds pick up past 10kts....and preferably one that doesn't want $175 per trip with no comps available for instructors.
Yeah, right; Kevin certainly helps the party...

So you mean Fantasy the island resort, or Fantasy as in "there is no place to go?"
I like to take students to Bonaire....easy, non-threatening, not horribly expensive, easy to combine shore and boat.
Yeah, a "local" boat would be nice.

[added]
I do NOT like to take OW students to Millbrook for cert dives....too easy to ruin their interest in diving.

Yeah, right; Kevin certainly helps the party...

So you mean Fantasy the island resort, or Fantasy as in "there is no place to go?"
I like to take students to Bonaire....easy, non-threatening, not horribly expensive, easy to combine shore and boat.
Yeah, a "local" boat would be nice.

[added]
I do NOT like to take OW students to Millbrook for cert dives....too easy to ruin their interest in diving.

I was referring to Fantasy Lake in Raliegh. Its better than Millbrook, but not by much. Usually it is crazy clear in a quarry during the winter.....still pretty nasty at fantasy in my experience. I wish I had the money to buy Rawlings, if nothing else just to make it better. I think some laser lights and a stripper pole would be interesting during the summer..lol

Hell I am so disgusted with the lack of local boats/diving ops that we are planning on purchasing "A hole in the water to throw money into" either next year or the season after just so I can dive when and where I want.

I just picked up a 11 F250 diesel to haul it with a short time ago and next is either a 30' travel trailer or a 30' boat. Both are about the same price range used.

Hell I am so disgusted with the lack of local boats/diving ops that we are planning on purchasing "A hole in the water to throw money into" either next year or the season after just so I can dive when and where I want.

I just picked up a 11 F250 diesel to haul it with a short time ago and next is either a 30' travel trailer or a 30' boat. Both are about the same price range used.

There are some good dives out of Virginia Beach, but the ridiculous price these Captains want to get you there is uncalled for. That and the fact that they weather Canx for the slightest breeze.

I hear ya and have felt the same as you, for several years now. There are some really great wrecks here, the problem is no one dives them anymore. Tons of fish and bugs for the taking if you can get out. I have made it out off VB maybe 2-4 times a season the last few years. I dive NC and FL 10x as much simply because there are dive ops that actually run if the sea state is more than 2' and wind more than 10.

I will probably get the boat since we can use it more often locally to dive off VB, CB and fossil hunting rivers north of here rather than a traveling dive trailer that I can haul to NF and dive/live cheap for a week or two, a couple times a year.

I need to play AND win the lotto.:D

I was at Lake Rawlings yesterday and saw these signs. Figured I'd Share.

I hope things turn out well and we all still have a spot to train and dive!

image1.jpgimage2.jpg

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 505
I was at Lake Rawlings yesterday and saw these signs. Figured I'd Share.

I hope things turn out well and we all still have a spot to train and dive!

View attachment 200534View attachment 200532

As said earlier, Errol thinks this is a chess match, but in case he loses the game, he will bulldoze everything on the site rather than just walk away from it.

I can't figure out why he doesn't just buy the damn property.

anyone want to meet up over the martin luther king holiday weekend before lake rawlings is gone for good? sat, sun or monday, or any combo of those days?

Back
Top Bottom