Lake Rosseau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a home in Rosseau and have conducted dives in the lake (OC and CCR). The water is heavily stained and offers little ambient light below 10 or 15 metres.

Are you visiting the area? What sort of dives interest you?

Something fairly straight forward I will be diving with my brother who is newly certified. I have a cottage up there close to the town of Rosseau, but have never dove the lake(I never had anyone to go with). I heard about the light from the tanins in the water and the cold with my brother would like to keep things fairly shallow. Any help would be very much appreciated! I have also wondered whether there are any wrecks in the lake?

Something fairly straight forward I will be diving with my brother who is newly certified. I have a cottage up there close to the town of Rosseau, but have never dove the lake(I never had anyone to go with). I heard about the light from the tanins in the water and the cold with my brother would like to keep things fairly shallow. Any help would be very much appreciated! I have also wondered whether there are any wrecks in the lake?

There are no wrecks I am aware of. Certainly you may find a spot of two that would be fun. However, I'd suggest looking at Skeleton Lake, which has some good wall dives, and Lake Muskoka, which has the wreck of the Waome near Milford Bay. Scuba Shack in Gravenhurst runs charters there occasionally.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom