Lake Travis New Year's Day dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Some of the crew from the shop I teach are getting together for a New Year's Day dive at Mansfield Park at Lake Travis. We don't have a time nailed down yet, but I can post one if anyone from the Austin crowd is interested.:elf:

I'm in. I was thinking about travelling to do the Polar Bear Dive at CSSP but would much rather dive at home. Maybe we can start an Austin Chapter of the Polar Bear.

We have the place. Pick the time.

C

your mask brown to improve the vis...

Which is better than Jieh was talking - Please make sure I know the time&place - - - As I'm real tempted.

I just wanted to welcome Austindiver to the boards and the TSDT.

Hope yall get to make a dive on the first. I'm still up in the air on it. It all depends on if I can get rid of this blasted pager in time.

TwoBit

I think I'd like to make the dive, but only if the air temperature is higher than the water temperature.

Last year, on New Year's day, I swear I saw snow flakes falling when we dove at Mansfield. It was warmer in the water than out of it. I didn't want to get out. Bbbrrr!

Let me know if you decide to go, and what time.

Damsel Fish once bubbled...
I think I'd like to make the dive, but only if the air temperature is higher than the water temperature.

I had that sort of problem at Aquarena, just a couple of weeks ago - 70 as usual in the water & the air was about 50. I'm thinking if it does the cold front bit - I'll just wear the wetsuit home & beg my wife to let me in, to change in the bathroom!

Hi Gang!!!!!
I was planning on making a New Years dive, but was looking at Windy Point.

Dave:bonk:

Back
Top Bottom