Land locked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we have plenty of places to go and practice while you save money for a good vacation, a weekend road trip to CSSP, Athens, Blue lagoon, Balmorhea springs, comal river, etc.. does not hurt... flower gardes, rig diving and the texas clipper are other options but are a little far from dfw..

If you really love diving, don't think/talk about it !!!...Divorce your wife, sell the kids, liquidate everything [except the gear of course] load up the car and move to Florida...The rest will work itself out :crafty:!!!!

I live in Colorado, a very long drive to any coast. I am 40 miles from the lake we train in from June through October. As soon as I win the lottery, or an obscure relative dies and leaves me a fortune, we are headed to somewhere where it never snows and where the water is salty and the viz in good. Please feel free to make suggestions as to the best place. (Warm water responders only, please)
DivemasterDennis

If you've win a big lottery - sky is your limit brother. Big money mean relatives and so-called friends will come to you for any financial support they may need so you probably want to consider a remote island in a tropical country. Some countries wouldn't let you to buy an island but you can always lease for something like 50 years+. Next step, depending on how remote the location is you may need to learn how to fly amphibious aircraft.

If you don't feel like want to fly anymore ... ever ... for the rest of your life ... get a yacht :D

Being landlocked kept me from diving 'til age 51. We did live right on a vast Northern Lake, but diving there did not interest me. Months after the move to Nova Scotia I had the car in for repair and just happened to walk by basically the only LSD of any size in the Maritimes. Recently did my DM with them. You have to move. Living right on the ocean is the ticket. But don't look for such a place in Connecticut or S.F., etc. unless you have millions to spend.

Back
Top Bottom